Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Biggest and Baddest Bat Ray in the SF bay where they at?

Default Biggest and Baddest Bat Ray in the SF bay where they at?

Where can I find some of the biggest and baddest bat rays around in the bay. I usually catch them on the rock wall but im thinking maybe some deep water piers? maybe some areas with lots of crustaceans? I need to prove some dude from so cal his bat ray hes claiming 150 pounds isnt even 50.

Default Re: Biggest and Baddest Bat Ray in the SF bay where they at?

Just to get you mad his ray was a monster pushing 150+pounds.I thought you were a professional like you posted and you said you have been doing it for 10 years Why do you need help. :lol: :idiot:good luck with that bat ray :thumb:

Hey if I recall, the Monterey aquarium has some nice size ones.

Maybe your teacher will take you on a field trip there.... cause it beats going to the S.F. Zoo, or so I hear. :wink:

Malibut pier!

O_L

Quote Originally Posted by BIGRED KILLA
    Just to get you mad his ray was a monster pushing 150+pounds.I thought you were a professional like you posted and you said you have been doing it for 10 years Why do you need help. :lol: :idiot:good luck with that bat ray :thumb:
    I know what im doing, and have been catching them for years now. But im out here asking for help to find a place where they are the biggest. And his ray aint no 150 pounder. I will find one my friend and slap it on every board, so u can see what a real ray looks like.

Bat Rays :lol:

:finger: this thread

heres your lucky day. The biggest rays are in south bay and the longest pier is the San Mateo. IT takes a good incoming tide only. Why because out going your facing wind and the San Mateo bridge. Flat sinkers and conventional reels are a must. Bait of choice is a whole squid. Hope you like giant leopard sharks too. The pier is about a mile long and about 3/4 ways is my favorite the end of the pier is much deeper and sometimes a seven and six gilled sharks a caught. Bring a bait caster some times stripers show up at night when the lights from bridge are on. The stripers swim in and out of the shadows and will eat white or yellow hair raisers. Night time is a must and use a clicker on the reel in free spool or low drag if tide is too strong.

Fishnbee

Whats wrong with this thread there FishSum , Bat rays are a blast to catch .

Quote Originally Posted by bryan englebrick
    heres your lucky day. The biggest rays are in south bay and the longest pier is the San Mateo. IT takes a good incoming tide only. Why because out going your facing wind and the San Mateo bridge. Flat sinkers and conventional reels are a must. Bait of choice is a whole squid. Hope you like giant leopard sharks too. The pier is about a mile long and about 3/4 ways is my favorite the end of the pier is much deeper and sometimes a seven and six gilled sharks a caught. Bring a bait caster some times stripers show up at night when the lights from bridge are on. The stripers swim in and out of the shadows and will eat white or yellow hair raisers. Night time is a must and use a clicker on the reel in free spool or low drag if tide is too strong.

Fishnbee
    Thanks man I will be heading out there this summer for sure. Just too cold for me right now.
    Thanks for the tips.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast