Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Here are some Photos of a Giant I caught in Huntington Harbo

Default Re: Here are some Photos of a Giant I caught in Huntington Harbo

Quote Originally Posted by GrandStreetPierCrew

Thats not cool GrandStreetPierCrew your post was just hating on Pistolpete he posted a good report. You are just bashing his report saying his fish is a lot smaller and how you likely doubt it peeled 220 yards of line out how would you know if it did or not and who cares of a glove it was probably cold.

Lol thanks for summing up my post. What fun would forums be without Flames? Since I have caught hundreds of bat rays in my lifetime I can tell what is and what is not a big one. I can tell that, from experience, pistolpetes bat ray is not 150 pounds. A 150 pound bat ray is like catching a 1200 pound marlin, its a rare occourance. You can just tell when a fish is big in most pictures, and that my friends is not a 150 pound bat ray.
    GrandStreetpier,

This is where you "jumped the shark" and show how little you actually know about the specie, which also speaks to the likelihood you don't fish for them as much as you purport.

A 150 lb bat ray is NOT a "rare" occurence. There's a group of guys that regularly fish mud marlin off Shelter Island (east of the public pier), and I have personally seen 100lb+ bat rays being pulled up. While I do not target them per se, over the years as an incidental catch, I have cut off easily a dozen 50lbers at the pier itself. The fact of the matter is that they are a dime-a-dozen, and take little skill to get them to bite.....but I do agree they are fun nevertheless to bring in.

Thats not cool GrandStreetPierCrew your post was just hating on Pistolpete he posted a good report. You are just bashing his report saying his fish is a lot smaller and how you likely doubt it peeled 220 yards of line out how would you know if it did or not and who cares of a glove it was probably cold.

Lol thanks for summing up my post. What fun would forums be without Flames? Since I have caught hundreds of bat rays in my lifetime I can tell what is and what is not a big one. I can tell that, from experience, pistolpetes bat ray is not 150 pounds. A 150 pound bat ray is like catching a 1200 pound marlin, its a rare occourance. You can just tell when a fish is big in most pictures, and that my friends is not a 150 pound bat ray.
    i got to agree with Sansou on this, as that isn't the case here in SoCal, maybe up north the batrays are smaller! :lol:

As far as his fish not being 150 pounds? One thing I do know is that fish is a lot bigger then the 55 pounder we caught. It's probably between 150-100 pounds, but GSPC i'm sorry to burst your bubble but to me the batray in your picture looks actually smaller then the one that Pistolpete caught. Is there some jealousy going on? Hmmmmmmmmm

[quote=one_leg]
    Quote Originally Posted by "ghetto dad":e7914

NICE first post man...way to win em over..lol....

GD
    This aint World of warcraft forums. I am not trying to win anyone over, im posting a pic of a bat ray twice the size of the other dudes. Im the baddest bat ray fisherman you guys have ever seen.
    I foresee a Battle of the Guru's in the making here. Once the weather warms up TM65 and GSPC are gonna have to have a Battle Royale to see who knows more about each others respective milieu. That should be a lot of fun!

One_Leg[/quote:e7914]

Someone said my name ?

TM65

Hey PistolPete, Nice catch !!! great first report !!! Thanks for sharing on FNN !!!

TM65

Now GrandStreetPierCrew,

What a :censored: you are for Hijacking this guys thread with your I am the Best, and I catch bigger than you BS !!!!!

The thing to do would of POSTED your own report instead of :smash: this guy in his thread.

:smack:

Troutman65

GrandStreetPierCrew ----------> &#58;gayfight&#58; <------------ Troutman65

Get a room you two!

O_L

GrandStreetpier,

This is where you "jumped the shark" and show how little you actually know about the specie, which also speaks to the likelihood you don't fish for them as much as you purport&#46;

A 150 lb bat ray is NOT a "rare" occurence&#46; There's a group of guys that regularly fish mud marlin off Shelter Island (east of the public pier), and I have personally seen 100lb+ bat rays being pulled up&#46; While I do not target them per se, over the years as an incidental catch, I have cut off easily a dozen 50lbers at the pier itself&#46; The fact of the matter is that they are a dime-a-dozen, and take little skill to get them to bite&#46;&#46;&#46;&#46;&#46;but I do agree they are fun nevertheless to bring in&#46;
    Oh ok, so ur telling me you regularly catch 150 pound bat rays&#46; Do you know what kind of tackle it takes to catch a ray that big? I never once said they are hard to get to bite a piece of squid&#46; So find a quote where I said they are hard to get a bite&#46; When it stops raining I will provide proof with a scale of what a 20 pound ray looks like, a 40 pound ray , and so on&#46; 150 pounders are not a dime a dozen, show some proof&#46; Anyone who has ever caught a big ray can tell pistole petes fish isn't over 50&#46; The only way we will find out is if we get some pics on a scale&#46; You cant just catch a ray, not pick it up, and say its 150 pounds&#46; My pic provides some scale, 64+- inches long&#46; But 100+ pounders are not a dime a dozen&#46; You guys should be happy with this entertainment i have given you in this thread&#46; &#58;banana&#58; &#58;banana&#58; &#58;banana&#58; &#58;banana&#58; &#58;banana&#58; &#58;banana&#58; &#58;banana&#58; &#58;banana&#58; &#58;banana&#58; &#58;banana&#58;

GrandStreetpier,

This is where you "jumped the shark" and show how little you actually know about the specie, which also speaks to the likelihood you don't fish for them as much as you purport&#46;

A 150 lb bat ray is NOT a "rare" occurence&#46; There's a group of guys that regularly fish mud marlin off Shelter Island (east of the public pier), and I have personally seen 100lb+ bat rays being pulled up&#46; While I do not target them per se, over the years as an incidental catch, I have cut off easily a dozen 50lbers at the pier itself&#46; The fact of the matter is that they are a dime-a-dozen, and take little skill to get them to bite&#46;&#46;&#46;&#46;&#46;but I do agree they are fun nevertheless to bring in&#46;

Oh ok, so ur telling me you regularly catch 150 pound bat rays&#46; Do you know what kind of tackle it takes to catch a ray that big? I never once said they are hard to get to bite a piece of squid&#46; So find a quote where I said they are hard to get a bite&#46; When it stops raining I will provide proof with a scale of what a 20 pound ray looks like, a 40 pound ray , and so on&#46; 150 pounders are not a dime a dozen, show some proof&#46; Anyone who has ever caught a big ray can tell pistole petes fish isn't over 50&#46; The only way we will find out is if we get some pics on a scale&#46; You cant just catch a ray, not pick it up, and say its 150 pounds&#46; My pic provides some scale, 64+- inches long&#46; But 100+ pounders are not a dime a dozen&#46; You guys should be happy with this entertainment i have given you in this thread&#46; &#58;banana&#58; &#58;banana&#58; &#58;banana&#58; &#58;banana&#58; &#58;banana&#58; &#58;banana&#58; &#58;banana&#58; &#58;banana&#58; &#58;banana&#58; &#58;banana&#58;

Entertainment?

TM56

Who cares if it is or not 150 pounds if he wants to say it is 150 pounds let him&#46;You don't need to bash him saying its not 150 pounds&#46; So don't be jealous of his ray just go out on your little pier and catch a big one and post it&#46;

How many planks wide is that fro? &#58;D

Page 3 of 10 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast