Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Here are some Photos of a Giant I caught in Huntington Harbo

Default Re: Here are some Photos of a Giant I caught in Huntington Harbo

Quote Originally Posted by GrandStreetPierCrew
    Quote Originally Posted by ghetto dad

[url=http://img217.imageshack.us/my.php?image=gspcii9.jpg:41a8e][/url:41a8e]

http://img217.imageshack.us/img217/4273/gspcii9.jpg
    NICE first post man...way to win em over..lol....

GD
    This aint World of warcraft forums. I am not trying to win anyone over, im posting a pic of a bat ray twice the size of the other dudes. Im the baddest bat ray fisherman you guys have ever seen.[/quote]

:lol: :roll:

It was too big to bring aboard the boat, so we broke it off at the surface.

I think someone has the pics from that trip, but I cannot find the thread anywhere. :|

I'll keep looking. Maybe we'll have to schedule a fishin' mission some time in the near future.

One_Leg

that was easily 100 lber alan...

GD

hey pete, next time, can you beach your bat ray and lay next to it on the sand, so we can bet a better perspective of now large the ray is...thanks man... :D

GD

Well, there ya go!!!

Thanks for the confirmation.

O_L

Hey Pete,
    Sweet post and nice pics. That musta been fun.

The gauntlet has been thrown down! What's the winner's prize? Bragging rights and.......?

Wow GrandStreetPierCrew you are a pro at catching bat rays :lol: do you have a Guiding service lol

Quote Originally Posted by BIGRED KILLA
    Wow GrandStreetPierCrew you are a pro at catching bat rays :lol: do you have a Guiding service lol
    Am I supposed to be offended?? Some people are pro tuna fisherman, some trout...why cant I be a pro mudd marlin fisherman. Its more fun catching a ray than a bluegill, thats why I do it.

GrandStreetPierCrew wrote:
    I don't want to sound like a hater but that is no 150 pound bat ray. Its not 6 feet wide and I highly doubt it peeled 220 yards of line off your reel. I am what some would could call... a Professional Mudd Marlin Fisherman... PMMF for short. I have been intentionally catching bat rays for 10 years. I went to mexico and caught a 110 pound sailfish which was a blast but nothing ever fought as hard as a few rays I have caught up here in the SF bay. Bat rays are the most fun I have ever had. Ive caught rays with 3 steel leaders on them, one with a hair raisers with 100 feet of power pro attached to it, and some of the biggest bat rays in California guaranteed. I can tell by that photo its maybe 50 pounds, and thats generous. I have caught what We believe to be a possible 100 pounder. Took me a half an hour and unlike you so cal fisherman, I wasnt sore because I been catching them like a man since, since I was a youngin. I just got a lil heated when i saw this post claiming a 150 pound record book bat ray. If it was 150 pound why didnt you drag it to a dock get it out of the water and get some real pics. Your wearing gloves cuz your hands are to soft?...I come home soaked in ray slime stinking like squid like Yii.

To sum it all up, your pic speaks for itself. your hand is almost as big as its head.. it is clearly no 150 pounder. It would be cool to see who has the most skill...Norcal PMMFs or Socal PMMF's. Holler at yo boi.

Now take a look at this..If you got something even remotely close to this then lets talk. Im 6' 1" 200 pounds. Those are 2x8 planks. The ray is 8 planks long. 8x8 = 64 inches = 5.33 feet wide.

Thats not cool GrandStreetPierCrew your post was just hating on Pistolpete he posted a good report. You are just bashing his report saying his fish is a lot smaller and how you likely doubt it peeled 220 yards of line out how would you know if it did or not and who cares of a glove it was probably cold.

Thats not cool GrandStreetPierCrew your post was just hating on Pistolpete he posted a good report. You are just bashing his report saying his fish is a lot smaller and how you likely doubt it peeled 220 yards of line out how would you know if it did or not and who cares of a glove it was probably cold.

Lol thanks for summing up my post. What fun would forums be without Flames? Since I have caught hundreds of bat rays in my lifetime I can tell what is and what is not a big one. I can tell that, from experience, pistolpetes bat ray is not 150 pounds. A 150 pound bat ray is like catching a 1200 pound marlin, its a rare occourance. You can just tell when a fish is big in most pictures, and that my friends is not a 150 pound bat ray.

Page 2 of 10 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast