Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: For anyone fishing LB: a question

Default For anyone fishing LB: a question

Sewage Spill into the L.A. River on Jan. 5 May Have Impacted Long Beach Water Quality
    January 7, 2008

A sewer overflow near the intersection of Figueroa and Riverside (5 Fwy and 110 Fwy) resulted in an estimated 97,785 gallon raw sewage spill into the L.A. River. The spill occurred at approximately 1am on January 5th. Although no beaches were closed due to the spill, Heal the Bay recommends avoiding water contact at Long Beach beaches until test results show bacterial counts below state standards. Studies have shown that water quality in Long Beach can be impacted by the L.A. River for more than 10 days after significant rainfall.

Would you eat a hali if caught in Long Beach tomorrow?

Default Re: For anyone fishing LB: a question

Quote Originally Posted by legacy1
    Sewage Spill into the L.A. River on Jan. 5 May Have Impacted Long Beach Water Quality
    January 7, 2008

A sewer overflow near the intersection of Figueroa and Riverside (5 Fwy and 110 Fwy) resulted in an estimated 97,785 gallon raw sewage spill into the L.A. River. The spill occurred at approximately 1am on January 5th. Although no beaches were closed due to the spill, Heal the Bay recommends avoiding water contact at Long Beach beaches until test results show bacterial counts below state standards. Studies have shown that water quality in Long Beach can be impacted by the L.A. River for more than 10 days after significant rainfall.

Would you eat a hali if caught in Long Beach tomorrow?
    yup, people eat fish from our coastline/ harbors every day, I guarantee if there was good surf the day after an incedent like this that there would be surfers out there getting water down there throats, ears, noses, and other places. You will be good man. What part of Costa Mesa do you live in? I used to live off 19th and Anaheim, down the street from In-N-Out

I'm on the east side off Orange...I am going tomorrow to LB for surf fishing and if I catch a legal, I will eat it....but I am a little nervous :lol: .

Dude I ate Steak in Amsterdam in the midst of the mad cow scare, a lil sewage spill scare me not. :lol:

Cool I got some freinds who live that way, one on 21st and the other I forget. Right on man good luck

Quote Originally Posted by legacy1
    I'm on the east side off Orange...I am going tomorrow to LB for surf fishing and if I catch a legal, I will eat it....but I am a little nervous :lol: .

Just make sure it doesn't have 3 eye balls....I make it a rule not to eat anything caught within 3 miles of shore....