Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Bullets & Kali at DP Jetty (5-5)

Default Bullets & Kali at DP Jetty (5-5)

Bullets and I got to the jetty around noon, and the swells were insane. That didn't stop us though. Second cast I land a senorita. 5 Minutes later I get this fat pile perch.

That's all I was able to get at that spot. Greg had better luck though. The swells and wind died down some, and he was able to pull in 4 senorita, 2 blacksmiths and a decent buttermouth perch (his first ocean fish caught on a plastic).

The swells and wind picked back up, and we couldn't get whatever was hitting our bait to take so we went to the other side of the jetty where the wind was blocked and the water much calmer. I toss a ghost shrimp out as far as I could and landed an old friend a few minutes later.

Shortly after Greg lands one of his own. A little while passes and I notice that my line is moving in the opposite direction of the wind, but the pole wasn't bending at all. I picked up the pole but didn't feel anything. I reel in the check the bait and feel a tug. It ended up being this diamond turbot.

Last and certainly not least I landed my first sea bass in 13 years! I didn't care that it was a dink sandie. I was completely stoked.

Most of Greg's fish he didn't want pictures of so that's why they're mostly all of me. All fish were CPR.

yeah those swells were huge, when we were tubing the harbor I could see the waves going over the jetty in certain spots! Pretty crazy! Good job on the fish guys!

All of those would have tasted great except maybe the Skate.

Looks like fun. What's up with your Bro, why the shy guy act all of a sudden?

Where's Celeste. I'd expect her to catch a big ol' flattie or a maybe a WSB.

Nice report Ryan.

Most of Greg's fish were dinks, and he didn't want his picture taken with them. I wouldn't eat anything caught out of there! That area's supposedly one of the most polluted along the California coast. It's still fun to fish though. Greg doesn't have Celeste this weekend. Plus, we're too scared to take her out there. It's not easy for someone her size to manuever around those rocks...especially with those swells yesterday!

Nice assortment of fish!

Quote Originally Posted by KaliDawgFan
    Most of Greg's fish were dinks, and he didn't want his picture taken with them. I wouldn't eat anything caught out of there! That area's supposedly one of the most polluted along the California coast. It's still fun to fish though.
    I suppose the toxins and poisons in the water could have something to do with their stunted DINKYNESS?
    Keep trying and one of these days you'll catch a monster there!

Quote Originally Posted by one_leg
    Keep trying and one of these days you'll catch a monster there!
    We catch very decent-sized, assorted perch there every trip. I'm just waiting to land a nice sandie, calico or maybe even a sheephead. Oh ya, there were these two guys that went down to the very bottom rocks (with all of the mussels on them) trying to get a starfish. Luckily for them the swells weren't as bad. All it would take is one for them both to be goners.

Nice job sticking it out with the wind and nice mixed catch.

Are sheephead really picked up down there or are you just hoping?

Thank you for the report and pics.

Quote Originally Posted by EricU
    Are sheephead really picked up down there or are you just hoping?
    I heard some time ago that someone caught one there.

nice report and pics man!!! good job!! peace

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast