Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Newspaper scan of Casitas LMB

Default Re: Newspaper scan of Casitas LMB

Oil well...

Quote Originally Posted by PHISHnutS
    Quote Originally Posted by one_leg
    You aren't gonna be able to use them at Casitas anyways, with the restrictions coming due to Quagga Mussels.

One_Leg
    Yep, live crawdads will soon be a thing of the past like waterdawgs....zebra mussels suk!
    Yeah that kinda sucks, at the right time, they were a big bass favorite there at that lake...well at least I tapped into it while I could last year...I'd still strongly recomend them in some of the lakes where they are allowed, but only at the right time of season...
    Flyline them suckas and crown hook 'em with a #1 owner mosquito hook, stitch them when possible but some structures will cause them to snag up when stitching...when they start snagging, don't put pressure on 'em, allow them to crawl out of the snag, that usually works. the best method I've found is to kinda let them crawl around on the bottom and every once in a while pull them up off the bottom and let them get "riled up" and settle back down...let the bass run with 'em and set the hook with a vengeance ! "drive the steel home"
    Trust me...they work, think about it, its a natural food source for them, of course they are going to eat 'em, certain times of the year they work better though, for example you wouldn't want to be fishing them when the bass are on a full shad bite which is pretty common right now, in fact, it's "all shad oriented" right now at that lake.
    Try 'em, you might be pleasantly surprised, just care for them properly and don't submerge them completely while keeping them in a bait tank, only about an inch of water or so, otherwise they will sufficate themselves from the carbon dioxide.
    Good luck,
    Gary

Cool, thanks Gary.

I've noticed they work well during the dog days of summer. See the catch and keep guys at Success and Kaweah do well with them. Quite a few incidental, larger model cats as well.

nice hogs and great job getting on the paper.

God Bless

basscatcher

Quote Originally Posted by HUNTW/SWIMBAIT
    try to catch one like that on artificials next time.(its more challenging) :secret:
    Hahahah, errrrrrrrrrr.

Which reminds me, I need to check my nightcrawler stock.

Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow
    try to catch one like that on artificials next time.(its more challenging) :secret:
    Let me know how it's doing....mine is running low

Quote Originally Posted by gletemfeelsteelgary
    Quote Originally Posted by DarkShadow
    Let me know how it's doing....mine is running low

No, no, you know how most people invest in pork bellies, or frozen concentrated orange juice?

I invest in the nightcrawler industry. It is up quite a bit per barrel in the commodities market.

Very lucrative investment year around, especially when the bass aren't hitting artificials in the summer.

See the spike during the shadless years? :wink:

Which reminds me, I need to check my nightcrawler stock.[/quote]
    Let me know how it's doing....mine is running low[/quote]

No, no, you know how most people invest in pork bellies, or frozen concentrated orange juice?

I invest in the nightcrawler industry. It is up $4.25 a dozen in the commodities market.

Very lucrative investment year around, especially when the bass aren't hitting artificials in the summer.

See the spike? :wink:[/quote]
    Very nice, I thought you were refering to your nightcrawler supplies at home,given this new insight in the nightcrawler markets, peak profit spikes, I think I need to upgrade my portfolios in this 1st quarter !

P.S.
    I get your hidden meaning behind the comment

You the man Gary! Some people will never catch such a hog in there lifetime.

Very nice bass Gletthemfeel.

Now how about C&Ring the UCLA special edition Member's Only jacket! :D

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast