Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SPITFIRE SUNDAY 12 23 07

Default SPITFIRE SUNDAY 12 23 07

The report today is from the Spitfire fishing on Sunday, December 23. We have been planning this trip for 2 weeks now, and we ended up with 13 people signed up. There were the “regs”, plus 2 people new to our group.

I arrived at the landing at 4:30 a.m. To my surprise, there were already a couple people there waiting at the gate. Usually, we have been the first ones to arrive, so I started to panic, thinking that there might be 50 people today. The weather was supposed to be nice, and the Spitfire had an excellent score on the Sand Bass on Saturday. First one I saw this morning from our group was Sanford and Son Hakaveli. John’s wife (forgot her name) and her son arrived to open up at 5:00 a.m. So we strolled down the pier with the few others that were in line before us to purchase our Spitfire tickets for today. We purchased our tickets, and chilled outside waiting for others in our group to arrive. Dean Hall showed up and introduced himself to us. Great to meet you Dean. Slowly, but surely, a few more of our group showed up. At around 5:40 a.m. myself and the others decided to head to the South parking lot to get parked and to line up at the gate to wait for Morgan to load us. The only 2 from our group not there yet was FOB bob and Jason Lopez.

Once we arrived at the gate, Ymin called FOB Bob, who informed us that he was on the way…excellent, I thought he was either going to have another “fever” or get “another speeding ticket” on the way to the landing. Thanks for not flaking (again) Bob. Then, we proceeded to collect money from the guys for the crews Christmas gift. I had suggested this to the guys, and they said that would be great, as this is an EXCELLENT crew, and they have taken GREAT care of us since we started fishing with them. Thanks for bringing the cards Joe, since I slipped on Saturday and forgot to get them, and thanks guys for throwing in, they really appreciated it. Once we all donated and signed the cards, Joe surprised us all with Starbucks gift cards for Xmas!! Thanks Joe, we appreciated it very much, and that was very nice of you, even though you gave Alan his, and instead of saying “Thanks Joe, that was nice of you,” his reply was “Oh, I don’t drink coffee.” Typical Alan. Morgon came up the ramp, and boarded us onto the boat. Once down there, we stowed our gear, and gave the boyz their Xmas cards. Then, right before we were going to leave the dock, Jason Lopez FINALLY shows up. I guess he had gotten pulled over on the way to the landing, and fortunately just received a warning. Glad you could make it bro!! The only flake was KFC. The boat was untied, and we were off for another adventure on the Mighty Spitfire and it’s crew.

On the way out, Craig gave his usual morning safety speech, let us know who the crew was today (The usual Fantastic Four of Craig, Morgon, Derek, and Bobby). Craig informed us about the excellent bass fishing on the previous day, and we would be trying to do the same damage to the bass population today. This time, fortunately, the fish bit closer to home than our “usual” bass honeyhole. We would be fishing today in 60-65 feet of water, with live squid, and the recommended tackle today was 20-30 lb test, and 1 ½ oz – 2 oz leadhead. Morgon came around with the JP list. I collected $5 each from our group for our side JP. We ordered our breakfasts (Derek already had my breakfast burrito going by the time I got down to the galley to order it. Thanks Derek!!!), rigged up our gear, and did our usual sh** talking to each other on the way to the first spot!! I love these trips!!!

We arrived at the first spot a short time later, B20 already inhaled his 3rd breakfast burrito, and dropped the anchor. We had a slight chilly wind starting to blow, which eventually backed off. This one took awhile to get started, then they finally started to bite. We landed a few, we lost a few. Big Tom, one of the many regulars on the Spitfire, landed a solid 7 lb cabazon!! Which would turn on to be the boat JP fish. Great job Tom!!! This is how it went most of the first part of the morning. A few spots later, a few bass later, we got set up on a better spot, and started to put a hurtin on the bass. Well, at least everyone else was, I was snake bit for a better part of the morning, watching B20, Mike, Juan and his GF, basically everyone slam the bass. I kept telling myself and others, that If I start off slow, I usually start catching up, and eventually pass them up on numbers. These were all a nicer grade of bass today, I would say an honest 2-3 lb average. Then Juan’s GF landed a NICE calico bass!! Great job GF!! Juan wouldn’t have any of that though, he smacked back with a bigger sand bass!!! Throughout the day, Juan and his GF were very consistant on the fish. The Samoan woman B20 also did an excellent job, finally, as did the rest of our group. After being a spectator for a better part of the morning, I FINALLY got on the board. Pressure is off, now I have to catch up to everyone else. This is how it went the rest of the day, hit a spot, slay some bass, move on. Today was, by the far, the best bite we have been on in the bay since we started fishing the Spitfire. I ended up catching my limit of bass ( I had to WORK for these fish today, but I still got to keep my “sand bass guru” title, as I believed I outfished our group, again!! I was top rod in quantity, but Juan and his GF had the quality in our group. Sorry guys, ima cut this short, im exhausted!! All in all, ANOTHER excellent day on the Spitfire. Great fishing, GREAT crew, very very nice weather, fishing with our group, and meeting a couple new guys!! Juan’s GF ended up getting the side JP with a 4.7 lb bass!! Great job!!! This report comes with another recommendation from myself and the other guys for this boat. Give it a try as soon as you can guys and girls, you will NOT be disappointed!!! Thanks for listening, again!!

Ghetto Dad – Again, you have impressed my with your skillz homie!!

Ymin – Great seeing you mike!! It was fun, and remember, I hope you learned not to try to throw me out of gear when I am on a fish!! LOL!!

Funjunkie – What can I say Zen master, it was GREAT seeing you again, and thanks for this morning homie!!

One_leg – You did good today alan, youre getting better, and the best part, is that you only talked about 98% of the entire trip, instead of your usual 100% We ALL appreciated it!! Lol

B20 – Great fishing with you again, my Samoan Homegirl!!! You’re getting skillz man…
    You must not have been hungry, you only ate 4 burritos!!

Juan – I can’t get enuf fishing with you homie. Thanks for coming, and bringing your GF, she has skills and can hang with the boyz…..and B20

Mrs Juan – Nice meeting you today. You ALMOST outfished me….many try, and many fail!! Lol…..thanks for the comments ( you know what I mean) and the laughs, and great job on the side JP!!

Erick – Hey pu*o, had a great time, see you next Saturday

Ng Jimmy – Hun, you did great today. You also looked pretty sexy today, I missed you sweetie, glad you made it

FOB Bob (LA Smoker) – Thanks for the laughs bro!!! I’m glad you made it!!!

Sanford and Son of FNN (Hakaveli Mike) – It was GREAT to finally fish with you mike. We will do it again…soon

Dean Hall – Sorry for thinking you were an old man homie!! GREAT meeting you, and I hope can make more trips with us!! Great job on getting on the board!!! Both you and Jason fit in perfect with our group!!

Jason Lopez – Great meeting you too man!!! You kicked some bass today, great job!! I will see you next Saturday homie!!

GD

A few pics….I don’t know what was up with my camera, a few of the pics are blurry…sorry guys…..

Juan and Mrs Juan on the way out to Spot #1

Hak, One_leg, Jason Lopez, and Dean Hall

Erick and Ymin

LA Smoker, B20 with his 3rd burrito, Metro Jimmy, and Hak…breakfast time!

Santa with a nice sand bass!

Ymin with his first 2 bass of the day!!!

Metro Jimmy, Burrito20, and alan with some nice bass!! Thats the happiest youll ever see B20!

Mrs Juan with a nice CALICO bass….2 points for that one!! There's Metro teasing me again!!

Juan with a nice bass, and AGAIN, Jimmy posing for the paparrazi..and teasing me again!!

Me with my only pic…grrr…2 bass, the first two of my eventual limit!!

El Juano

Erick with a nice “Cheepahead”

Yay!! Joe is on the board!! Good job homie!!

Don’t mess with me again Ymin!! LOL!!

Coach Dean!! ON THE BOARD!! Great job Dean!!

Mrs Juan…NICE bass chica!!

Hak wondering how much he can sell these for on the fishing boards classifieds!

Erick getting freaky with a Cheepahead!!

Jimmy the Metro looking like a F.O.B….nice bass Jimmy!

Fob Bob doing his best “recently slayed sand bass” impersonation!!

Mrs Juan and her side JP winning fish!! Great job!! See how happy Joe is??? Thats cuzz he finally found someone shorter than himself!! LOL!!

Jason Lopez with his bounty o bass!!!

Another angle of Jason

Alan with his catch…good job alan

On a Side Note:
    Craig, Derek, Morgon, and Bobby, Spitfire “boyz”
    Thank you all for the great trips and excellent service. You are one of the best crews I have fished with in my 25 years on boats. You have made each and every trip a trip to remember. Terry, it was great meeting you at Castaic, and to meet up with you again on the Spit. Tom, I WILL get you next year!! Lol..good meeting you too man. You all have a great holiday!!

My boyz
    Ymin, B20, Alan, Funjunkie, Erick, Metro Jimmy, Cappo, Brad, Hak, KFC, Osiito, Victor, LA Smoker, Kevin, Jason Lopez, and Dean Hall, and anyone who has fished with the BBFNN and NBU (if I forgot anyone, sorry), thanks for getting me back into fishing, with all of life’s stresses im dealing with right now, you all made me remember my first love (no, not Metro Jimmy, he is a close second..lol). It was great meeting you all and fishing with you this year. May we have MANY great trips in 2008. It was fun boyz!!
    GD

Default Re: SPITFIRE SUNDAY 12 23 07

Excellent report Ghetto Dad !

Merry Christmas to you and your family!

Fisher-of-Men

a Steve 2 for 10 on the sand bass get a sheephead free

Sweet report steve. I couldnt have said it better myself. Well actually I think i could've.
    Man what a great day it was. Definitely the best spitfire trip ever. I came up short on limits but like I told steve, quality over quantity :lol:
    Had a great time out there guys. Thanks for welcoming my girl, she had a blast.

Thanks Joe for the gift. It was good meeting the swap meet king, hak.
    Bobby I hope you got some rest buddy. Steve I'll try to take more pics of you next time.

Merry Christmas everyone.

THANK YOU FOR ORGANIZING THE TRIP and POSTING THE REPORT STEVE!!
    Although you complain a lot (term used lightly) about the chaos that comes with organizing a bunch of monkeys to go fishing, the end result is ALWAYS big smiles. It proves the theory "its not about how its done, its about the results".

I can't really add much to the already thorough report except for a few details:

When using live squid, remember that they're out there to spawn. Whether it be in wide open ocean or in the bait tank, the squid are gonna get their groove on!!

Santa Erick and his holiday spirit.

Larissa (also known as Cappo's GF) is a true fish slayer!! Although she cut her hand (just a little) on this calico, I believe it was either the only one or one of just few that came on board!!

Here's OPP (Other People's Pishes - Filipino accent)

BBFNN/NBU side jackpot winner and 4lb. 7oz. Sand Bass! (WAY TO GO!!)

Here comes the funny pics.
    Larissa breast feeding her BBFNN/NBU JP winner...(so this is how you win JP....)

And you wonder why people call you "Metro" Jimmy??

And then comes Bob's rendition of "Are you smarter than a 5th grader".
    He starts slapping squid on peoples backs, putting shrimp inside hoods and placing squid inside pockets.
    Did you see the squid hanging out of someone's pocket? Go back and check the pics. You'll see it.

So back to the question at hand..."Is Bob smarter than a 5th grader?"
    I think the answer is "yes, he is smarter than a 5th grader" but he also ACTS like one!! LOL!!

As Steve mentioned, there were 30 onboard the Spitfire, 12 members of FNN (combined BBFNN and NBU).

> Dean_Hall, I am so glad to see you again. Thanks for driving all the way up from Encinitas to be here! Next time, we'll plan an South OC/North SD county trip...closer to you and me!!

>Jason Lopez, I probably will be invading 976 too!! Watch out!! NBU is gonna be hot next year!! Thanks for coming and I am glad you completely started slayin em at the end there!!

> Hak, sorry dude...I have to say it. I really thought you were much taller from your avatar!! LOL!! But it was really good to finally meet you in person, get the chance to fish with ya and look forward to more in 2008!! (p.s. don't sell your pishes on the Pishing Network or Evay!!)

Erick, B20, Cappo, Larissa, Jimmy, Bob, Steve and Mike: Thank you for a great year!!
    Whether it be called BBFNN or NBU, on the boat, WE ARE ALL FISHING!! WE ARE ALL LOOKING OUT FOR EACH OTHER AND WE ARE ALL SMILING!! And that's what counts. Fishing with a good group of people has a positive impact on people. On some private level, everyone is being saved from something. Whether it be stress or whether it be boredom, we all rather be fishing. I am glad that we have a place where we can hang out with each other. I think that's the most important part of FNN, BBFNN and the NBU.

For 2008, I look forward to organizing charter trips for specific hunts.
    For 2008, I look forward to taking NBU to a new level.
    For 2008, I look forward to seeing/meeting new faces at the lake, river or ocean.
    For 2008, I look forward to listening, talking and laughing with ALL OF YOU!!

Thank you.
    FJ74 (Joe)

Quote Originally Posted by ghetto dad
    Mrs Juan and her side JP winning fish!! Great job!! See how happy Joe is??? Thats cuzz he finally found someone shorter than himself!! LOL!!

LOL!! I'm actually smiling because I new it was going to be a clear shot of my left shoulder with the NBU logo!!
    Gotta promote NBU with a smile!!
    (and because she was the only one shorter than me..... :lol: )

Hi ghetto dad,

Wow .... most excellent, thourough, complete, detailed, smart, enthralling, entertaining, informative, enlightening report !! Loved all the pictures too!! Don't feel bad on the phoos of yourself, you could:

1) Aways bring one of those cheap full length mirrors and take a picture of yourself.
    2) Use the timer on the camera.
    3) Bribe a buddy with a fish to take your picture.
    4) Brow-beat one of your homies, lay a guilt trip on them, and make them take your grip n' grins AT THE END OF THE TRIP. (know you wouldn't really have to go that far)

Great trip and buddies .... I guess I would break my week-end rule for a trip like that .... maybe next trip on the Spitfire .... on a Sunday. 30 guys total on the boat ain't bad considering the size of your group!

later,

JapanRon

Nice meet everyone of yall

Joe- Everyone is taller than u dont be disappointed lol

Hi funjunkie74,

Great ADD-ONs !! The best reports have a bunch of different guys relating their angle on the trip and the stuff that went on...... 'on the deck'. Wouldn't want to think that 'What happens on deck, stays on deck' is the rule of reporting! :):):) Thanks for the report and pics.

Happy holidays to you and yours,

JapanRon

Hi cappo,

OK cappo: haven't met you yet (but it all being all in fun) .... ghetto and funjunkie put out their report ... if you can do better, where's yours?! (j/k but added reports are always good)

The more the merrier!!

Happy holidays to you and yours,

JapanRon

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast