Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast

Thread: HP on 395

The attached state of Calif. website list all the highways and what areas have the 70 MPH speed limit. 395 is not one of them.

http://www.dot.ca.gov/hq/roadinfo/70mph.htm#interstate

There is a stretch between Palmdale and Mojave that is posted 70, but that is still the 14. When leaving Mojave, just past Primo Burgers, it's posted 65 MPH. I have slowed way down with age. I used to leave in a rush right after work, and drive all night speeding so I could get 2 hours sleep in the car at the creek. Finally I learned to sleep at home, leave about 3:00am and still have a whole day of fishing. I can hit the Auto or cruse control at 70 from Thousand Oaks and be in Bishop in 4 hours. No need to rush, the fish will be there. good fishin!

I can't stand it when some idiot with a 5th wheeler or trailer passes me going 80+. This is for those bozos :finger:
    The speed limit posting for THOSE guys is 55 :lol:
    I'll agree with you retired...I have never seen a speed limit posting for 70 MPH along the 395.

If Caltrans could put a concrete center divider in thecenter of the road that would prevent alot of head on crashes.

I had no idea this thread would be this involved when starting it. All I was wanting to know is if setting the cruise for 70 in a 65 usually causes a ticket for most people. If so, I will remember to set my cruise lower, I have never had the experience of being cited for 71 in a 65. Sure, I was breaking the law, but usually CHP won't bother unless your at least 10 mph over in what I've experienced. So my question is whether or not CHP on the 395 are consistent with citing people for going a few miles over the speed limit?
    Thanks

Quote Originally Posted by SDJHawk
    I had no idea this thread would be this involved when starting it. All I was wanting to know is if setting the cruise for 70 in a 65 usually causes a ticket for most people. If so, I will remember to set my cruise lower, I have never had the experience of being cited for 71 in a 65. Sure, I was breaking the law, but usually CHP won't bother unless your at least 10 mph over in what I've experienced. So my question is whether or not CHP on the 395 are consistent with citing people for going a few miles over the speed limit?
    Thanks
    I always set my cruise for 73mph and I always go by the CHP's and never once been pulled over. :lol:

....Well in that case...
    I usually set my cruise for 69-70...and I have never been bothered by the CHP...maybe you just got one that was having a bad day :evil:

Yea Bean I think that must be it. This guy was either having a bad day or was quickly in need of fulfilling his quota. He didn't seem too happy when talking with him either. So, I'll just consider it an expensive fishing trip this time and move on
    Thanks for the responses guys.

Quote Originally Posted by SDJHawk
    Yea Bean I think that must be it. This guy was either having a bad day or was quickly in need of fulfilling his quota. He didn't seem too happy when talking with him either. So, I'll just consider it an expensive fishing trip this time and move on
    Thanks for the responses guys.
    I just called about my speeding ticket in King County. 75 in 55. $321with traffic school First ticket in 4 years. It was my time. And I will pay the fine.
    Before the dogs take a bite. It was in the middle of nowhere, not even mentioned on a map. Nothing but farmland. I deserved it. I hope this will help the States budget crisis.

Quote Originally Posted by retired96
    I can guarantee you will not find a 70 MPH speed limit sign on 395 In any of the counties that lead to the Eastern Sierras. Plus there is no place in this state that 80 MPH is a safe speed.

I don't want to argue but I know the Calif. Vehicle Code like the back of my hand.
    I too am retired from one of the largest agencies and I pretty positive there is a stretch of 395 that is 70. I'm heading up there in two weeks, I will take a pic of the signs. I was also told directly from several CHP, including a very close friend who's a CHP that as long as you stay under 80 in most areas your safe. Obviously, if you're in a 65 or less zone then stay closer to 70 and don't pass others like an idiot..

Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456 LastLast