Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: HP on 395

Got my first speeding ticket ever last August right by the Crystal Geiser plant. Me and another car hit it right after the speed limit went up when you leave the town there to get around a big rig. CHP pulled us both over.

Don't be a dick is all I have to say...I was polite, didn't argue and out of there in a minute. The only question I had for the chp was whether he got us in a construction zone or not because we were right on the edge where Caltrans was doing road work.

He said that because I was not giving him lip service like the other guy was, he did not check it on my ticket but that he did on the other guy's ticket. Saved myself an extra $200 because I didn't act like a dick thank goodness.

I can relate to this thread...I got a ticket on the Friday before the opener last year just outside of Lone Pine. I was clock at 85 mph.

I admit I was kinda in a hurry so when I got the ticket, it was just my bad timing for speeding. Typically, I think if you keep your speed not to exceed 10 mph over the posted, you're somewhat safe.

On the flipside, I did an online traffic school for about $17.00 and it took about 3 hours. You don't have to waste a whole day in traffic shool listening to stupid jokes that are funny.

Google online traffic school and you'll find a bunch.

You can even do traffic school in the buff...lol :wink: :wink: :wink:

Fear No Trout

Last year they wrote me up for 97mph a couple miles before Bishop. He wrote EXACTLY what the radar said. 8)

I got one going South on 395 almost to Pesronville. big downhill. He said he cited me for 90 and I was slowing down. I never saw him. He had me do a field sobriety test. I passed or failed. Not sure which, I got a speeding ticket. NO DUI.
    I always slow down when i get into town. This is easy revenue for the county, so I drive the posted speed limit in town. Cruise 80 the rest of the time.

A earlier post said they thought Hwy 395 is a 70 MPH highway, that is not true, the max is 65 and has been for years. 70 MPH only applies to the interstates like the 15, 10 99 and 5 etc. 395 is not a freeway type highway and won't be in our lifetime. I drive 395 at least 25 times a year and there is nothing I hate worse than seeing people drive at 80-90 MPH, passing over double yellow lines etc. Hwy 395 is in the top 5 of the deadliest highways in this country because of idiots behind the wheel.
    I have personally witnessed 6 fatal accidents over the past 20 years and every one was a speeder passing in a no passing zone.
    If you drive 80-90 you deserve your ticket and healthy fine.
    In my 30 year career I have picked up too many dead and mutilated bodies and made too many death notifications. Slow down when you drive 395 and enjoy the ride.

Quote Originally Posted by retired96
    A earlier post said they thought Hwy 395 is a 70 MPH highway, that is not true, the max is 65 and has been for years. there is nothing I hate worse than seeing people drive at 80-90 MPH, passing over double yellow lines etc. .
    If you drive 80-90 you deserve your ticket and healthy fine.
    Slow down when you drive 395 and enjoy the ride.
    There are several sections of that HWY where 80 is a safe speed. I agree with the crossing double yellows to pass. Just stupid I got my speeding ticket and I deserved it. I told the officer to be safe and headed on home.
    I am almost certain that I have seen posted signs higher than the 65 MPH you mentioned. I will have to pay closer attention next time. If I am driving during the early morning or dusk,. I always so down so I can marvel in the beauty of the mountains. (Stop looking at the MTNS look at the road you a-hole) :P

I can guarantee you will not find a 70 MPH speed limit sign on 395 In any of the counties that lead to the Eastern Sierras. Plus there is no place in this state that 80 MPH is a safe speed.

I don't want to argue but I know the Calif. Vehicle Code like the back of my hand.

retired 96,

Are you possibly a current or retired CHP? Just wondering since I have a question about travel on 395.
    Thanks

retired 96,

Are you possibly a current or retired CHP? Just wondering since I have a question about travel on 395.
    Thanks

There is a stretch after you get over the hill going North to Palmdale/Lancaster area on Hwy 14 that the sign is posted 70 mph.

After you get out of Mojave you must be careful going through Califonia City. There is Caltrans work there and a lot the time the speed is reduce to 55 or even lower, especially when there are men working. Speed fines double when mena are working.

Fear No Trout

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast