Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: HP on 395

Default HP on 395

Just wondering if anybody else has been cited on 395. I was up a few weeks ago around Ridgecrest and was cited for going 71 mph. Couldn't believe they were that ticky tac. Are the HP always like this on 395 or was Officer Herrera just having a bad day?
    Put a damper on my fishing trip but still enjoyed it.

Yeah, watch out when you get north of ridgecrest, to lonepine, heavy chp.

yes and when you see the signs 25 mph through lone pine, independence, and big pine go 24 or you will get ticketed!!!!!!!!!! have fun!

I got a 70 in a 65 in Pismo awhile back...so I feel your pain. Knock on wood I have not gotten one on the 395 yet! Hope you caught some fish to make it all worth it

TD

Default Re: HP on 395

Quote Originally Posted by SDJHawk
    Just wondering if anybody else has been cited on 395. I was up a few weeks ago around Ridgecrest and was cited for going 71 mph. Couldn't believe they were that ticky tac. Are the HP always like this on 395 or was Officer Herrera just having a bad day?
    Put a damper on my fishing trip but still enjoyed it.
    isn't that the 70 mph zone? I've never been cited, I usually put the cruise control at 75 in the 70mph zones and 70 in the 65 zones. I've never been cited and I've had the chippies even pass me at those speeds. I fished with a CHP who used to work the 395 and told me they almost never cite for those speeds, I think you got unlucky is all.

well, i got pulled over doing 85 a few miles out of bishop.... had a native american female cop and she was cool enough to knock my cited speed down to 75 after she saw all my camping sheeeeit and I told her i was fishing. decided to drive back up to bishop to try to fight it in the courts a few months later since she was on the opposite side of the road but to no avail... they always win. at least i got another bishop trip out of it, hehe. good luck though brother!

Quote Originally Posted by Faulter_Mike
    she was on the opposite side of the road but to no avail... they always win. !
    I thought that they could not ticket you if they were driving the other way. It could just be if there is a barrier. Im not sure.

Always slow down for the posted speed limits around towns. That's what a CHP officer told me over 15 years ago and I've not received a ticket since.

They also have special enforcement zones and will give tickets if you have a crappy attitude.

nope, they can get you on the opposite side now. all the CHP cars on the open highways like the 395 are equipped with radar in the front of their car that is always on and ready to nail you. What sucks about getting nailed right outta bishop too, is that it makes it a real slow drive all the way back home since you can't risk getting nailed twice in one trip, lol.

Screw driving i am just going to have to buy a plane and fly out there. Besides the airport is right there at covict and hot creek.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast