Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: A Little Zuma Before the Storm

Default A Little Zuma Before the Storm

Made it out to Zuma about an hour-and-a-half before high-tide today. Found very small surf and no wind. Observed only two other fishermen. I began tossing this rig with a 1/4 ounce egg sinker

I call it the the "Dirty Trick."

No luck for the first thirty minutes or so. Worked my way down the beach and finally found what I'd come for. Lots and lots small to hand-sized fish. This was one of the larger ones.

I had my brand new surf rig and this fella (who was obviously in the mood for love) tested it pretty well.

The bite slowed and so I moved on down the beach. Found another concentration of fish and caught maybe dozen or so. This one was the largest of that bunch.

Shortly after one pm the wind kicked up and the waves got big, then bigger. Switched to a 1/2 ounce sinker and caught a few more before calling it a day.

All in all a very cool outing. Plenty of fish with a few fatties in the mix. Almost all of the fish were hooked right at my feet.

Big thanks to Dana and everyone else on the board who turned me on to the surf!

Default Re: A Little Zuma Before the Storm

Good job! Nice Perch! You and TJ have got to market those home-made rigs of yours. :lol: He's got a salmon egg replica that works pretty well.

Thanks for the report!

Merry Christmas!

Fisher-of-Men

Hey Tim, a stretch of Zuma was one of my stops this morning, bummer didn't run into you. Nice job on the BSPs, we caught a few on the LC's also. :mrgreen:

Nice Fish!! A suggestion, try the same steup and add another grub up from the end about 12-14". Kinda like fly-fishing nymphs, two's better than one! Works well c-rigged.
    Jeff

I recognize those chairs, now I'm gonna poach your spot......j/k

Good job on the perchies.

One_Leg

Great looking BSPs!!

I think the name of your GCSW/grub is hilarious!

BIOHAZARD!!!

Quote Originally Posted by one_leg
    I recognize those chairs, now I'm gonna poach your spot......j/k

Good job on the perchies.

One_Leg
    Ha, ha! I take my blue Adirondack love seat everywhere so as to throw people off!!!