Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Halibut at night?

Quote Originally Posted by uandme
    i attempted to write a short "article" about behavior of halibut and where/how to fish for them. but someone has already done that. search the forums for halijedi's article. or do a google search.
    hali's posts have been taken off :( since he's writing the book and everything

Quote Originally Posted by fish4keep
    I think those that are caught are mostly by catch. Butts can be anywhere there is water.
    :eyepop:

Quote Originally Posted by jplee3
    Quote Originally Posted by spiceguy
    I catch 'em at night in the harbor. Most productive bait for me at night is squid...
    Hey spiceguy!

But don't the batrays ever grab onto your squid? :lol: :lol: :lol:

That reminds me, I was out a couple nights ago (at NPH) and one of my rods went off SCREAMING. Although, right as it went off, one of those covered skiff/pontoon boats drifted by. So I have no idea if my line got caught up on the boat or if a huge ray took my bait (frozen grunion). Fortunately, I got my tackle back but the bait was missing :shock:
    Yeah, I get tagged by rays at night. Spooled is the right word. You didn't hook a boat, it was a ray. :D. I have alot of experience with those guys........ :wink:

Quote Originally Posted by jplee3
    I catch 'em at night in the harbor. Most productive bait for me at night is squid...
    Hey spiceguy!

But don't the batrays ever grab onto your squid? :lol: :lol: :lol:

That reminds me, I was out a couple nights ago (at NPH) and one of my rods went off SCREAMING. Although, right as it went off, one of those covered skiff/pontoon boats drifted by. So I have no idea if my line got caught up on the boat or if a huge ray took my bait (frozen grunion). Fortunately, I got my tackle back but the bait was missing :shock:
    Yeah, I get tagged by rays at night. Spooled is the right word. You didn't hook a boat, it was a ray. :D. I have alot of experience with those guys........ :wink:
    Yeah man, I was scared as soon as the drag went off. I tried to grab the thing but was hesitant as the boat passed by. I thought my line was just gonna get cut off or something. Then I tried pulling the rod out of the hole and it was stuck there. Hahaha... this was on a 6-12lb rated spinning rod too :O Bwahahahahahahaha...

Yeah, I know what ya mean. Same thing happened to me before. It's a bad feeling when the sucker is pullin' so hard ya can't get the pole outta the hole. Btw, you can tell it's a ray, 'cause they are cruisin' faster than 5mph....... :wink:

I like big butts and I cannot lie...but never caught one at night :shock:

Yeah, I know what ya mean. Same thing happened to me before. It's a bad feeling when the sucker is pullin' so hard ya can't get the pole outta the hole. :wink:
    I thought that only happens to dogs..... :twisted: :twisted: :twisted:

:roll: Obviously we don't fish at the same place or you'd know what the f**k we're talking about.

I DO catch butts at night.

Did you get that hali by the 7-11?

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast