Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Halibut at night?

No........just a dock on the bay.

Very night butt...... :D :D

Quote Originally Posted by spiceguy
    :roll: Obviously we don't fish at the same place or you'd know what the f**k we're talking about.
    Looks like I hit a nerve. No need to get your blood pressure rising over it. :wink:

I know we don't fish at the same place and of course I know what you guys are talking about. Beside I never did say you can't catch flatties at night. But I'm pretty sure that most (if not all) anglers you ask if they target halibutts at night, will say, "NO".

If there is an artificial light source, then YES halibut can be caught at night when the moon is not bright (full). During full moon phases, I've caught enough halibut at night where there is no aritificial light source. With this said, depending on location, time of year, moon phase etc... YES halibut can be caught at night, but are more readily caught during bright sunny days.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123