Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Finally got a Toon!!!!

Default Re: Thinking about getting a Toon

Hey Frog, if you get the Super Sport 9, let us know what you think about it. I've been thinking about getting a reasonably priced toon to start out with and the Super Sport seems to be it. I think I've gotten over the setup part now, Ron :lol:.

Okay Frog, the Super Sport 9 is the better boat. Better pontoon construction, more weight bearing capacity and 1ft longer and that makes it a little more stable fore and aft. That's just from reviewing the stats on the boat. Also Creek Co boats have a lot of upgrade options if you want some factory parts to help you pimp your ride. They have a motormount kit that has the entire anchor pulley and camlock system that is a definate plus and is made to bolt right on the frame. It's a little pricey but it's good stuff. That's something you could pick up down the road so you don't have to buy it all at one time. Pontoon boats are pretty cool but they are much cooler with a trolling motor, an anchor system and a standing deck to fish from. SoCal Bassman I'm stoked to see you giving in to the dark side my friend. If we get enough of us on toons we can have tourneys and ***** at the bassboat guys for getting in our way. :wink:

HEY NOW, frog just received a e-mail from Cabela's free shipping $100.+ , try this Promotion Code : 7GIFT4U ... NOT SURE IF IT WILL WORK 4 U, BUT WORTH A TRY .

Socal, ebay has a used ODC 1018 listed, you may want to check it out ?

Z

FISH ON !

YO SoCal, that ODC 1018 Z is talking about has the STANDING DECK with it allready. Someone needs to jump all over this boat and it might as well be you Dawg.

I think I've gotten over the setup part now, Ron
    :twisted:
    He's starting to give!

The assembly of the pontoon isn't so bad at all. Just takes a half hour or so and you are out there. Might be even a bit quicker for you Socal, since you have a vehicle in which you can transport the 'toon in larger pieces.

To be honest, any toon will do! Just something to get you out there on the water, but it's always good to look at upgrade options for the future before you purchase.

Well , got me a truck. Its a 1996 Dodge Dakota V6 Sport. 140,000 miles, paint on hood and roof are badly oxidized,so are headlights, but hey! It was free, and I get to haul around my fishing gear better! Now, I got to wait till Christmas to find out if Santa brings me my toon!

Atta boy Frog, good luck and Merry Christmas

Lookie what came in today.....

My toon is supposed to be in stock at Cabelas on the 29th...... :soapbox:

Default Re: Finally got a Toon!!!!

Wow. Now they are backordering it till the 18th of January!!

Default Re: Finally got a Toon!!!!

I bet your going nuts Frog. What toon did you end up getting?

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast