Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Finally got a Toon!!!!

Default Finally got a Toon!!!!

Yeah, I am ready to get a toon. What would you suggest me getting? I want a trolling motor on it, so yeah.

Default Re: Thinking about getting a Toon

Hey Frog, happy to have another tooner at FNN, what toon you should get depends on how much you want to spend. You might want to ck out the Creek Co. website as well as Outcast. They both make a good pontoon boat. There are others as well but I like those two for the price. I have a Creek Co ODC 1018 and I think it is an excellent boat. Z-Tunakiller has one as well and he loves his as well. Matt Duarte has the ODC 816 that's a little lighter and Tacklejunkie rides an Outcast Boat that I like as well. A pontoon that has an aluminum frame and a whitewater rating is a plus and a factory motormount and anchor system is also cool. If you like to build stuff you can fabricate your own as well, I think you might want to look at the options and compare them to your budget and then ask all the tooners any questions you might have. Ask Z Tunakiller about his battery setup and motor if you plan on tooning the salt. He's got a bad to the bone power setup. If you have the money you can ck out the boats at North Fork Outdoors but get ready to pay a bunch.

I am very handy. It looks like the motor mount is just a plate of metal that connects to the frame correct? I bet I can figure one out if I get the toon.

How is the ODC super sport 9 ? They have it on sale for 250 at cabelas and its 360 on the ODC site.

Looks like a nice boat, has a steel frame so a little more weight. Probably want to build a solid rear deck rather than the mesh one but that's no big deal.

Well. The boat launch where I fish the most is not far at all from the parking. So I am good. All the aluminum framed toons are really spendy. I think about 300 is my limit. I am only 17 with no job.

I here you buddy, that boat will serve you well. I haul mine to the water anyway because of all the stuff I put on it. If you drive a truck you can leave it assembled and it's lots faster.

Frog:
    That lunker trout you caught would have taken you for a RIDE if you nabbed him on a pontoon :lol:
    I think that's one of the things I like about pontoons. When you set the hook the whole boat starts doing circles and towing all over :lol:
    They suck when it comes to wind though :x gotta be quick with the anchor or trolling motor.

Quote Originally Posted by Ronira
    Hey Frog, happy to have another tooner at FNN, what toon you should get depends on how much you want to spend. You might want to ck out the Creek Co. website as well as Outcast. They both make a good pontoon boat. There are others as well but I like those two for the price. I have a Creek Co ODC 1018 and I think it is an excellent boat. Z-Tunakiller has one as well and he loves his as well. Matt Duarte has the ODC 816 that's a little lighter and Tacklejunkie rides an Outcast Boat that I like as well. A pontoon that has an aluminum frame and a whitewater rating is a plus and a factory motormount and anchor system is also cool. If you like to build stuff you can fabricate your own as well, I think you might want to look at the options and compare them to your budget and then ask all the tooners any questions you might have. Ask Z Tunakiller about his battery setup and motor if you plan on tooning the salt. He's got a bad to the bone power setup. If you have the money you can ck out the boats at North Fork Outdoors but get ready to pay a bunch.

hey frog, welcome aboard, listen to Ron he knows his SH-T when it comes to advice on pontoons.

here is mine with a slight mod, i add a Humminbird fish finder, don't have a pic with it installed yet, still waiting for the winds to taper off.

GOOD LUCK

bass pro shop has free shipping on orders of $99. + for 2 more days i think, they sent me an e-mail about the free shipping offer, you may want to check.

Z

FISH ON !

Thanks for the replies! I am getting my truck this weekend so, I won't have to disassemble it.

how is this tube compared to the other i posted?
    http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/store ... 00_175-5-1

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast