Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Crowley Opener w/ Max and JonJon and pics...

Default Crowley Opener w/ Max and JonJon and pics...

Well got a really late start and left my house at 4:20am on Sat. picked Max up and we were on our way. Had to work Fri. and had a dinner party that night, so that's why i was late. But anyway had heard about all the people heading up and was just ready for crowds. Got to the lake and there was no launch line, and parking right up front. Anyway the troll was real weak this first day and was glad we had worms. So baiting down in 15ft of water was our first strategy. it paid off with a WFO bite on smaller fish, except for one almost 2lbs. So after it got a little breezy we decided to go to crooked creek, and see what was up. After getting a few more on bait, I decided to throw some lures. So i tie on a J-11 in gold/black and set my rod down to put the bimini away. Max picks up my rod and on the first cast scores a nice brown, bastard. We leave at about 8pm. I had the last room reserved at motel6 in Bishop, luckily. Anyway next day we get an early start and back to Crowley. This time we pick JonJon up at Beaver Cove and go back to McGee bay. This time I figured to go either deeper or shallower than 15ft from yesterday. Went with shallower and it was WFO again but with alot bigger fish averaging 3+lbs with a few bigger. Slayed 15 fish by 11am and trolled in for nada. I think we only got 3 smaller fish and the rest were just great fish. Here are some pics, not alot though, too busy fishing...

Biggest fish for Sat. that Max caught.

Can you find the Marmot???

Don't drop that Brownie Max.

Max's Brownie

What a great end to a great first day back at Crowley

Let me be the first one to post a smart *** remark about Max's tit...oh wait, I just did.

Nice trip FA...I'm heading up on 5/15 - 5/18 to Crowley so hopefully you left some for me.

Nice repoort,thanks for the pics.

Fat Albert,

I wished I could have got a chance to fish my favorite hunting ground.

I am planning to be up there with John John on May 15th and 16th. I will be targeting the Sacramento Perch. After this trip I hope the DFG doesn't put them on the endangered species list...lol... :shock: :shock: :shock:

Nice report...and congratulations again and good luck with you honey.

Fear No Trout

Big Country hit me up on the PM for some GPS numbers. Just to get you in the right area that worked for us. Who went to the Bridgeport twins, did you BC? I heard Diamond bear went, whats up???Anyway more pics.

800 boats there supposedly on Sat.

Done day and going to Tom's for some Prime Rib.

Nice weather for an opener, thats 2 in a row.

Sunday was a little cloudier and windier.

My Homey JonJon. Another great opener, too short though.

Beautiful fish and great weather! Thanks, I'm now green with envy.

Check you PM FA!

Default sierra

Thanx for a report looks like a lot of fun.

Dude! Get one of those BROWS or MANSER'S or something :lol: :lol: :lol:

quote="Big Country"]Let me be the first one to post a smart *** remark about Max's tit...oh wait, I just did.

Nice trip FA...I'm heading up on 5/15 - 5/18 to Crowley so hopefully you left some for me.[/quote]

Default reply

ALBERT , GREAT PICS , looks like you guys did pretty good , nice weather huh . i went to brideport twin lks. for the opener and was fishing big lures for the browns , but it wasnt meant to be , lol the weather was warm and there must have been 100 boats coming at me or behind me or across me all at one time it seemed ,lol . maybe ill try again in the last week of the season . i was doing a few things wrong i found out and i know these big browns are far and few inbetween , later // db