Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 

Thread: Edison and Florence Lake

Default Edison and Florence Lake

I'm planning a trip up to this area would anyone know what flies are good might fish the San Joaquin as well. Thanks in advance
    Andy

Black ant, mosquito, elk hair caddis, brown cricket work well on the rivers and lakes and also a dragon fly if you plan to fish the diversion dam.

I've also had good luck using Zug Bugs, Olive and Purple Leeches, and Bead-Head Prince Nymphs, in my 40+ years of fishing the area.
    Ever heard of Portal Forebay? It's alongside the road going to Edison and you'll be surprised as to what kind of fish are in there.......3 KINDS OF TROUT ! :o Maybe check it out on your way up to Edison :wink:
    Float tubes, inflatables, and canoes are permitted there. Have a great time :thumb:

Just for clarification purposes my diversion dam = Portal Forebay. Great place for tubing!

Default edison

Thanks for the tips I'm not going until the end of June but I'm thinking about it hahaha can't wait!