Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: SPITFIRE SUNDAY 11 25 07

Default SPITFIRE SUNDAY 11 25 07

Hey guys and girls. Got some of the BBFNN crew and a few guests together for another great trip on the Spitfire out of Redondo Sport fishing today. Once again, I’m beat, so I will do my best to give you a good report. Thank you all that made a commitment to go and actually showed up.

The boyz that were on the boat today were:
    1. Myself
    2. Mike (Ymin)
    3. Dar (B20)
    4. Walter (Fleaflicker)
    5. Alan (One_leg)
    6. Eric
    7. Jason (my son)
    8. Ron (my brother-in-law)

My son and I woke up at 3:00 am, got ready, and did my usual “pick up Alan” routine. Arrived at the landing earlier than usual, 4:30 am. John and his son arrived on time to open up the gate to the pier. Office opened at 5:00, we purchased our tickets, and headed to the South parking lot to await us being boarded on the Spitfire. Morgan called us down, collected our tickets, and we boarded the boat.

Crew today was Capt Craig, Derek in the galley, and Morgan on deck with Bobby helping out. Jackpot list came around, those that wanted to joined the boat jackpot, and we did our usual “side jackpot.” Craig made his morning safety announcement, and also informed us on what we were going to be fishing for throughout the day. Craig told us we would start off fishing Sculpin, then move up the coast to target Sand Bass, Sheephead, and other misc fish. We stopped to get some fin bait, and then headed out to start our day on the Sculpin grounds.

Arrived within 30 minutes of getting bait at the first spot, anchored up, and preceded to fish. We had a little bit of wind this morning, so we had to reset the anchor once, and then we got into a decent Sculpin bite. Mike “Lord of the Sculpin” Min and Walter were the hot Sculpin Sticks this morning, and within no time, had their limits. The bite was pretty consistent. Alan ended up catching a Sculpin and a legal Sand Bass at the same time on one of his drops. B20 also caught a nice legal Sand Bass while we were fishing for the Sculpin. One of the regs, Roland, also caught a nice legal Sand Bass. With a handful of Bass and limits of Sculpin, we pulled anchor, and headed up the coast to fish the Bass and Sheephead.

On the way up the coast, Craig informed us that we wouldn’t be able to fish the BKR/Zuma area today for the bass and sheephead (where we fished last Sunday for an EXCELLENT bite), due to the fact that the Coast Guard closed off that area to all boats to help assist in the Malibu Fires. GRRRRRRRRRR!!! So he (as always) would do his best to get us on some fish today. We started off around the Santa Monica area, in about 60 feet of water. That was pretty much the deal most of the day, fishing in 60-90 feet of water. We picked a handful off of each spot we fished. Walter and Alan each caught a nice Cabezon, with Walters pushing 4.5 lbs, and Alan’s pushing 2.5 lbs. Great job guys!!! Then, he decided to try an even shallower spot, in 40 feet of water. On that spot, we also picked some more bass, and also caught some nicer Sheephead. My son and I had brought shrimp, so we fished Sheephead quite a bit today. On that shallow spot, I picked up a couple 2-3 lb Sheephead, and my son caught a NICE 6 lb Sheephead. Good Job J!!! Once we left the shallow spot, we hit 3-4 more spots to finish off the day. My son had the JP until the very last spot, when one of the customers hooked into an even bigger Sheephead, an estimated 7-8 lb Goat. Almost J, almost!!! He was fine with that, cuzz he still swept the BBFNN side jackpot!!! GREAT JOB JASON!!!
    I don’t know what the full boat count was, but for myself, I ended up with 2 nice Sand Bass, 2 Nice Sheephead, 2 Nice Rockfish, and a limit of Sculpin. Another great day on the water with my boyz, my son, and the excellent crew of the Spitfire. I realize that we fish the Spitfire quite a bit, but like the old saying goes “If it isn’t broke, why fix it?” This is a top-notch boat with a top-notch crew, I highly recommend this boat. Some of you guys might be getting ready to put up your gear for the ground fish closure months, thinking that there will be nothing to catch during this time. Well, the Spitfire will be targeting Halibut (maybe, keep and eye on the counts and call the landing for info), and fishing the Structure/Hard bottom spots for Bass!!!! Anyways guys, I hope you enjoyed this report. Thanks for listening, have a great night and week!!!

GD

ALAN TAKING A PICTURE OF ME TAKING A PICTURE OF HIM

BIG BOBBY LOADING BAIT

RON WITH A NICE SCULPIN

JAY WITH A NICE SCULPIN

B20 WITH A NICE SANDBASS

ERIC WITH A NICE SCULPIN

RON WITH A NICE SANDBASS

WALTER AND MORGAN WITH A NICE CABEZON

JASON WITH HIS NICE SHEEPHEAD

ALAN AND WALTER WITH THEIR CABEZON

ALAN WITH HIS CABEZON (HOLD IT CLOSER ALAN!!)

B20 CHILLIN' AND FISHING HARD!!

MY SON AND I WITH A FEW OF OUR FISH

A FEW OF OUR FISH

THE BOYZ!!! (SORRY WALTER, I DIDNT KNOW WHERE YOU WERE!!)

Default Re: SPITFIRE SUNDAY 11 25 07

Nice report boyz :wink: Glad to see the conditions were good for you.

good job out there guys. looks like you had fun. glad to see little puppet made it out with his pops this time. :thumb: so who won the jackpot?

Nice catch there. That is a tasty sheep!

Nice trip guys. Sorry I couldn't make it. I was busy getting a speeding ticket on the fwy. DAMMIT. Anyways, congratulations on that goat. And judging from the lack of pictures of Mike, I'm guessing he didn't catch anything today eh?

Right on guys congrats on another good outing! A little slower compared to last week but at least you all were still out fishin as opposed to working like lucky ol' me! Too bad on the coast guard closing off that area but at least it was for a good reason, you wouldn't want one of those Super Scooper planes to have come down on top of the boat and sucked up One-Leg's monster cabezon...damn that thing is as big as his whole torso by the looks of the picture!! :lol: :lol:

Congrats once again guys, can't wait to get out there again!

P.S. Whats up Alan...you sponsored by fatburger now?

Quote Originally Posted by Granny Fish
    Nice report boyz :wink: Glad to see the conditions were good for you.
    Thanks for the reply granny......conditions were questionable until the sun finally broke through, then it ended up being a great day!!

Quote Originally Posted by victor101
    good job out there guys. looks like you had fun. glad to see little puppet made it out with his pops this time. :thumb: so who won the jackpot?
    thanks victor..you know the funny thing is, he NEVER smiles for pics, but after he got that sheephead, he was already counting his money.....see his smile???? Some guy that i didnt know, i HOPE HE TOOK CARE OF THE CREW!!!

Quote Originally Posted by k3vin_kim
    Nice trip guys. Sorry I couldn't make it. I was busy getting a speeding ticket on the fwy. DAMMIT. Anyways, congratulations on that goat. And judging from the lack of pictures of Mike, I'm guessing he didn't catch anything today eh?
    Mike did good today....just not as much as he wanted...we had a great time kevin, thanks!!!

hey kancor...thanks for the reply

Quote Originally Posted by trlrtrsh67
    Right on guys congrats on another good outing! A little slower compared to last week but at least you all were still out fishin as opposed to working like lucky ol' me! Too bad on the coast guard closing off that area but at least it was for a good reason, you wouldn't want one of those Super Scooper planes to have come down on top of the boat and sucked up One-Leg's monster cabezon...damn that thing is as big as his whole torso by the looks of the picture!! :lol: :lol:

Congrats once again guys, can't wait to get out there again!

P.S. Whats up Alan...you sponsored by fatburger now?
    lmfao...thanks rich......it wasnt about the fishing, its about the company....i was a lil stressed earlier in the day....personal reasons....i want my son to get back into his fishing, and it was really slow for him at first....he came back and swept the BBFNN JP!!!!.....

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast