Saturday-openning day- woke up at exactly 440am and got set and i was off to crowley, got there at around 530, parked by hilton bay, put on my waders, and walked over to a nice point. Found only 2 other people fishing but it got crowded pretty soon but fishing was the best I've seen it. (3rd time here) Made my first cast at 6 and it was on!

3rd cast produced this brown (est. 14") on a red/gold Lip ripper spoon. Released this one.

Saw another fish fish estimated 5 lbs chase it on the next cast

Set another rod out with a whole 'crawler (inflated along with garlic oil)=

this one weighed 3 lbs even. kept it

and another. kept it

Then it kinda died on lures and 'crawlers and switched to Rainbow PB

then almost instantly BAM another one. kept it

Caught another that was around 2 1/2 lbs but it had lumps on the side so i played it safe and threw it back

then i caught this one that looked alot different, someone told me it was a kamloops rainbow but im not sure. Any ideas?

ownage:), notice how the one on the left looks different.

The bite immediately turned off at 10 am so i called it a day

Sunday- Slept in. Then headed off to the south fork bishop creek, drove up to South lake to see how the ice was, to find that it was completely frozen over but it looked really cool so i had to get a pic....

Fished the South Fork with salmon eggs and ended up with 2 browns and 7 rainbows. All in all it was a good opener and I can't wait until i get back up there.