Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Hi Everyoone-I'm new here

Default Re: Hi Everyoone-I'm new here

OK! Now I know what a "lake lice" is, LOL at that!! :mrgreen:

FishingMom , Welcome... :D

I live in Hesperia. And fish often.. Silverwood is a good local lake and fairly inexpensive also $8 for entry & $8 to launch a boat..

If you can get on Silver lakes I would recommend it for a new boater, lots can happen with a new boat and inexperienced boaters.... When you get comfortable with the boat and its operation then a larger lake would be OK ... Safety First .....

Spring Valley Lake is also an option if you know a resident... These lakes are great for tuning the boat, finding out how it works and building confidence in yourself and the boat..... :thumb:

What a great mom &#58;banana&#58; glad to see ya stepping up for the dad&#46; my mod used to take us fishing when we were kids, and i never forgot it on mothers day&#46;
    when or if we start getting rains&#46; try fishing for trout where the streams run in&#46; lip ripperz are dynamite when the trout are real shalow&#46;

Welcome to FNN&#46; 8) you take your son fishing&#46; I am sure the both of you will have some great times on the new boat&#46;

Troutman65

A belated CONGRATS to your son on his FIRST FISH!&#46;&#46;&#46;&#46;&#46;&#46;&#46;&#46;
    and welcome to FNN!

GOOD JOB MOM!

Hi Mom,

Silverwood is a fun place, good catfishing, stripers, trout, sunfish and some bass&#46; But it can get very rough from the wind&#46;
    If I were you, I'd take advantage of boating on Silver lake because not just anyone can go there since it's private&#46; There is great populations of sunfish in there and we get lots of bass, too&#46; It's very peaceful compared to public waters&#46; I've been on it a few times with a friend&#46; Good fun!

Good fishing,
    Ambassadorhawg

Welcome to FNN and congrats on the nice Kitty! &#58;wink&#58;

Fisher-of-Men

Thanks so much for all of the tips everyone!

I'm going to be taking the boat out to Silver Lakes first for a test run before he gets here-I DO hope there is trout in there-that's what I'm always after-that or Crappie/Sun Fish&#46;&#46;&#46;my son on the other hand is out to catch anything that he can&#46;&#46;&#46;the rush of reeling one in is a real high for him&#46; (Well, I think that's true of most of us) I've been getting ready for his arrival here by filling up the tackle boxes and saving 4 a marine battery&#46; We've got enough gear to last us awhile! &#58;mrgreen&#58;

I really don't want to take the boat out somewhere "bigger" until I'm really comfortable with it-and that IS excellent advice&#46; I don't know anyone that lives at Spring Valley Lake though, just Silver Lakes&#46; Whenever I've been visiting there though it's weird, you see people out on thier pontoons, but hardly EVER see anyone fishing? That's just so odd to me! My friend lives ON the lake, you'd think her kids would be tossing in a line a day, but&#46;&#46;&#46;nope! (They don't even own fising poles!) That's OK, more fish for us! &#58;banana&#58; (I LOL at that banana!)

I finally got the garage cleaned out, the boat is backed into there-so that when my son gets here from his Dad's he won't have any idea its there until I drag him outta bed at 4 AM to tell him I need him to help me with chores&#46;&#46;&#46;hee hee!! I can hardly stand the waiting-to see the look on that kid's face when I tell him to get off his lazy butt and wake up to go get a rake outta the garage&#46;&#46;&#46;

8)

TM65

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast