Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  

Thread: NORTH SM and Malibu DFG BULL ENCOUNTER****** 11/23

Default NORTH SM and Malibu DFG BULL ENCOUNTER****** 11/23

Me and my brother went fishing in the surf today . Arrived at North Santa Monica at 6:30 right before peak of the high tide. My brother was catching perch here and there with the camo sand worm. I was throwing LC flashminnow . I caught a hog BSP on the LC 130 . My brother brought in a 19 1/2 HALIBUT . I didnt know how big it was so i was searching through my bag for the tape measure and from far away i knew the DFG officer was walking the beach. We took the measurement and took him a picture of his first halibut and then i was almost to the water to release it . the DFG officer said hold on and he said i pulled it out of my bag and saw him so i tried to put it back in the water and he said i tried to leave. I told him my brother just caught this and he said "no i saw u pull it out of ur bag". i like no i was looking for a tape measure in my bag he still wouldnt believe me . this went back and forth for about 4-5 times . Then he took my little brother aside and asked him what reallly happened and what he said matched what i have been saying. So now he believed me . If it was me alone i would have gotten a ticket. He kept saying im going to write u a ticket in the processes of telling what happened. That dame DFG f**** killed my day . We finished there at 11:30 and headed to malibu. We got there the tide was going down already . I managed a 16" on the LC before calling it a day at 1 pm

Me on the LC FLASHMINNOW 130
    3 bsp
    1 halibut 16"

brother all on GULP CAMO SANDWORM C-RIG

8 BSP
    1 halibut 19 1/2 "

Default Re: NORTH SM and Malibu DFG BULL ENCOUNTER****** 11/23

thanks for the report hak. Sorry about GD...i mean the DFG ruining your day.

LOL, Nice report Hak. Sorry about the bad DFG officer.

Nice LC fish :thumb:

mike sorry to hear about your bad experience with DFG officer..what a douche...hey but you and your brother got out there and managed to land some nice looking fish..keep em coming

Bummer about the hassle, nice job on the catch!

At least you got a nice catch.

Sucks about the DFG officer.