Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle 
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: best spot

Default best spot

what is the best spot in the bishop creek canyon

Thats a hard question to answer everywhere up there always produces fish for me, my personal favorite is prolly the south fork b/c theres a lot of places i can wade into and get some nice fish. but thats just IMO.

I think you might have a hard time getting an answer to this question. Usually the "best spots" are kind of kept a secret. I am a firm believer that half the fun is getting out there and searching for them. Anyways, best of luck!

DanKBecker, sure got that right. Going out and finding your own.

amen brothers!!!

Where's the fun if I tell you right where to drive, park and hike. The great thing about the sierras is that you catch fish everywhere there is water.

Default Re: best spot

Quote Originally Posted by mr. trout
    what is the best spot in the bishop creek canyon
    Mr Trout is 13 years old Send me a PM (private message) I will put you onto some good spots. Dont share them with the entire world

The whole area is a great place to fish. Intake 2 is a great spot for larger broodstock trout.

Try the creek below Sabrina Lake....look for pools or bends in the river and cast out a salmon egg, spinner or crawler and hold on tight! Good luck to you.

TD

I just got back home from a very slow Opening Day Weekend. The fishing was still fun but, it seems to get tougher and tougher every year to compete with the Powerbait anglers. The rainbows just don't seem to be as interested in lures when there's so much delicious bait in the water! Just as I was about to succumb to the fact that this would go down as the worst fishing I've experienced on Opening Day Weekend, I get a tip from one of the locals to try a little known body of water known as Intake II. It was difficult to find but, worth the effort. Two days of endless "catch and release"! A couple of 2.5 pounders, a 3.5 pounder, and a 5 pounder that made my trip!!! I don't know if it's like this all the time but, I'm definetly going to return to find out!

Quote Originally Posted by Cybertrout
    I just got back home from a very slow Opening Day Weekend. The fishing was still fun but, it seems to get tougher and tougher every year to compete with the Powerbait anglers. The rainbows just don't seem to be as interested in lures when there's so much delicious bait in the water! Just as I was about to succumb to the fact that this would go down as the worst fishing I've experienced on Opening Day Weekend, I get a tip from one of the locals to try a little known body of water known as Intake II. It was difficult to find but, worth the effort. Two days of endless "catch and release"! A couple of 2.5 pounders, a 3.5 pounder, and a 5 pounder that made my trip!!! I don't know if it's like this all the time but, I'm definetly going to return to find out!

Don't be shy about starting your own thread Cybertrout :idea: "So did the little known" Intake II trout eat things that look like your avatar or did you bait and wait with pink glittery doughbait? Welcome to the board btw.

TD

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast