Bass Pro Shops   Daveys Locker Sportfishing  Newport Landing Sportfishing   The Fishing Syndicate  Carver Covers  Tight Lines Guide Service  Channel Islands Sportfishing  CCA-California  Bob Sands Fishing Tackle  
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: SPITFIRE 11 18 07

Default Re: SPITFIRE 11 18 07 (PICS LATER)

Excellent report Steve. As always had blast fishing with THE CREW.

Can't say enough about the boat and the crew of Spitfire. They are very professional and friendly. And Capt Craig knows the fishing grounds better than anyone else and isnt afraid to burn some fuel to get you there.

Bob, hope you enjoyed the sheephead. Remember to save the skull for bobbyK.

Here are the three pics I took all day. I was so busy having a blast that I only took my camera up once.

ghetto dad hogging the stern in the pursuit of the nearly elusive LINGCOD.

Her we find CalamARI Vertical Jigging for a lunker.

Cappo with his Lingasaraus. Please refrain from French Kissing all Lingcods.

I think those Dolphins were Pacific White-Sided Dolphins. Not too sure though. It was pretty cool watching members of the school crossing under the starboard side and coming up aft of the stern.

I really appreciate the awesome job Capt. Craig, Morgan, Derrick, Bobby, and their Gophers do making our trips as productive and comfortable as possible. These guys are top notch.

Way to go on the JP YMIN.
    CalamARI's buddy's name is Brian.
    ghetto dad, it was nice meeting your buddy Pete. The stories the two of you told you guys as kids cracked me up.
    Cappo, nice Ling bro!!!!
    K3vin
    Rich
    Bob
    Ari
    Brian (CalamARI's buddy)

One_Leg

Quote Originally Posted by ymin72
    Excellent report Steve. As always had blast fishing with THE CREW.

Can't say enough about the boat and the crew of Spitfire. They are very professional and friendly. And Capt Craig knows the fishing grounds better than anyone else and isnt afraid to burn some fuel to get you there.

Bob, hope you enjoyed the sheephead. Remember to save the skull for bobbyK.
    Mike I ate 1/2 the sheephead with some friends last night. It was good, tasted like crab but the meat wasnt as soft as the smaller sheephead. Still good though! Im going to go home and have some steamed sheep head with the last of the Ling Sashimi and then tomorrow I'll probably fry some ling belly and have fish and chips. Im getting hungry just thinking about it.

I have the head on ice right now but I will probably start cooking it down tomorrow to make some fish stock. I havent decided what kind of soup to make yet (probably some kind of korean soup... with rarieties of vegetable and other marine products along with pettitoes of cow)

Quote Originally Posted by one_leg
    So Ghetto.... how hard was the wind blowing and in what direction? That is what you're doing... right???

damn! looks like i missed one of the best trips yet! congrats to you and cappo on the lings. Mike, good job on the jackpot. thats 1 nice looking goat :notworthy: .

Hey Victor, my goat wasn't that bad either. I also landed some nice reds, sand bass, sculpin, and even a johnny bass.

But I didn't catch a single Boccaccio this time out, fortunately.

One_Leg

Nice report on the Spitfire once again. Looks like very good winter fishing. I can't wait for the Winter Structure Bass fishing to start up.

Nice reports everyone. :thumb:

It is up...

Had a blast once again guys! Steve, thanks for setting up a great trip! Not much to add that hasn't already been said about the trip. Ymin & Cappo, thanks for the extra fish ontop of what I already caught, now I'll have enough in the freezer for the next month or two since I won't be able to go fishin...fiancee says thanks too!! Cappo, I sahimi'ed the ling and some sculpin I had last night...friggin awsome, thanks again. Ymin, I only took one picture and that was of you and your goat and I will post it up later tonight.
    Pete, Bob, calamARI and your buddy Brian I think, it was nice meetin you all, hope to see you again! All the other guys, great seein you again...can't wait for the next trip!

Thanks again Ghetto...my new travel agent!

Quote Originally Posted by trlrtrsh67
    Had a blast once again guys! Steve, thanks for setting up a great trip! Not much to add that hasn't already been said about the trip. Ymin & Cappo, thanks for the extra fish ontop of what I already caught, now I'll have enough in the freezer for the next month or two since I won't be able to go fishin...fiancee says thanks too!! Cappo, I sahimi'ed the ling and some sculpin I had last night...friggin awsome, thanks again. Ymin, I only took one picture and that was of you and your goat and I will post it up later tonight.
    Pete, Bob, calamARI and your buddy Brian I think, it was nice meetin you all, hope to see you again! All the other guys, great seein you again...can't wait for the next trip!

Thanks again Ghetto...my new travel agent!
    im glad you had a good trip rich...and all you guys...sorry i wasnt constantly chilling with all of you...but you guys should know me by now......i like to jump from spot to spot

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast