PDA

View Full Version : Pontoon Sale

sullyfish
11-17-2007, 05:49 PM
Seems like a good deal... 8)

http://www.creekcompany.com/indivdispla ... =6&Cat=SAL (http://www.creekcompany.com/indivdisplay.php?primaryAutoID=6&Cat=SAL)

Ronira
11-17-2007, 07:01 PM
Yeh, I don't like a steel frame but for that price it's a nice buy

tacklejunkie
11-18-2007, 08:03 AM
Not bad at all for the price! You could be tooning for the price of a tube!
A bit easier to fish those big honkin baits on a pontoon too. It's also from a good brand name.

pescado abajo
11-18-2007, 08:57 AM
HMMMMM......looks like i may have a toon soon.
ron- what's wrong w/ the steel frame?
also, it says you need to order an odc pump. are regular pumps not ideal? couldn't i use the same pump that i use for my tube?

Ronira
11-18-2007, 10:13 AM
Whats up Pescado Abajo, the thing with a steel frame is rust and weight. Not a really big deal and the overall weight on the boat we're talking about is pretty good. I wouldn't want a steel frame for saltwater for sure. If you keep the paint sealed up good it should be fine for freshwater. Aluminum is a little better way to go but I used some steel frames back in the 80s on big whitewater boats and it was okay. Just a little heavy if you had to carry it very far for launching.

johnsfishing
11-18-2007, 08:56 PM
Hey Guys,

what do you think about the seat?? Does it look uncomfortable?
and would a motor mount have to be purchased separately for this model?? -seems like it

johnsfishing

Ronira
11-19-2007, 05:03 AM
The seat can be changed for around $30.00 if you don't like the stock one and the pump is $20.00. There is a motor mounting kit available or you can fabricate your own if your handy. The kit cost $70.00 and comes with an anchor lock and pully system as well. For less than $300.00 youcould have a factory pimped toon. This is an excellent opportunity to toon in on a good deal.

johnsfishing
11-19-2007, 06:35 PM
thanks ronira for the reply :banana: :banana:

johnsfishing

maya373ufetnsa
11-20-2007, 08:34 AM
Must resist but with free shipping you can,t go wrong even if you give it to your wife to use

maya373ufetnsa
11-20-2007, 09:15 AM
I asked how long the sale is good for:

Rick, the sale on the ODC Classic ends at 12:00am midnight, (MST), on Friday Nov. 30th, 2007, with no exceptions. This sale is only available for orders placed on the website: http://www.creekcompany.com , orders will only be shipped to addresses in the lower 48 United States and cannot be sent to P.O. Boxes, hope this helps, Thank You. The Creek Company

pescado abajo
11-20-2007, 11:29 PM
I asked how long the sale is good for:

Rick, the sale on the ODC Classic ends at 12:00am midnight, (MST), on Friday Nov. 30th, 2007, with no exceptions. This sale is only available for orders placed on the website: http://www.creekcompany.com , orders will only be shipped to addresses in the lower 48 United States and cannot be sent to P.O. Boxes, hope this helps, Thank You. The Creek Company

thanks for the info, maya! i only have a couple of days left to talk the wifey into letting me pick that up...

tacklejunkie
11-22-2007, 07:41 AM
Nice! Go for it PA, it looks upgradable! Can't beat that deal.
Only thing I would replace is the seat. You can pick those up from any walmart. Then you can add a wheel for easy Jenks, Perris and Silverwood access!
Cruising half of Cleghorn in a tube just turned into crusing Cleghorn and the Canyon in one day with one of those things :twisted:

Sandwalker
11-27-2007, 01:34 AM
I'm also looking for a Pontoon... This one is free shipping today only. Anyone know about this brand?
Just wondering the comparison between the OP's Pontoon if it were decked out with new seat etc., and this one:

http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/1486 ... omish.html (http://www.sierratradingpost.com/p/1486,75961_Water-Skeeter-Pontoon-Boat-Snohomish.html)

Ronira
11-27-2007, 06:09 AM
Hey Sandwalker, I own a Creek Co boat and love it. Matt Duarte has one as well. They are well made boats that are whitewater rated. The Water Skeeter in that ad is not rated for whitewater and has a wooden motormount. If you order the motormount kit and a seat riser and seat the ODC Classic would be a better boat for less money. Creek Co customer service rocks. I've had my ODC 1018 for over two years and would buy it again. Good Luck Ron

Sandwalker
11-27-2007, 11:45 AM
Thanks Ronira, helpful post :)

Okay, so if I get the ODC classic + seat/riser/swivel + motor mount/anchor/rod kit + pump, I'd be all set? Not bad for about $300.

I'm new to these, so 1 more question ;) Can I use this in saltwater? IE is the "powder coated steel" sealable some how? Or is this strictly freshwater only?
I'd be fishing in socal lakes and harbors primarily, mostly calm waters.

I just noticed more on sale with aluminum frames:
http://www.sierratradingpost.com/search ... tions=True (http://www.sierratradingpost.com/search/SearchResults.aspx?allWords=pontoon&searchDescriptions=True)

I'm buying this as a gift for my dad + 1 for me :) Thanks for all the help.

Ronira
11-27-2007, 07:04 PM
Well since I don't really do saltwater I'm not the best guy to ask but I'm sure aluminum is a better choice.

Z-TUNAKILLER
11-28-2007, 12:45 PM
Thanks Ronira, helpful post :)

Okay, so if I get the ODC classic + seat/riser/swivel + motor mount/anchor/rod kit + pump, I'd be all set? Not bad for about $300.

I'm new to these, so 1 more question ;) Can I use this in saltwater? IE is the "powder coated steel" sealable some how? Or is this strictly freshwater only?
I'd be fishing in socal lakes and harbors primarily, mostly calm waters.

I just noticed more on sale with aluminum frames:
http://www.sierratradingpost.com/search ... tions=True (http://www.sierratradingpost.com/search/SearchResults.aspx?allWords=pontoon&searchDescriptions=True)

I'm buying this as a gift for my dad + 1 for me :) Thanks for all the help.

hey Sandwalker , i have the same ODC toon as Ron and it is AWESOME, it has a aluminum frame that is supposedly powder coated, the Chinese call it powder coating and they are full of Sh-t, my frame is peeling and chips all over, I think the steel frame will rust in saltwater and is a bad choice, also the ID of the steel frame has no coating..........that's my :2cents:

I will be fishing salt, so i spent the extra $$$ for the aluminum frame ODC and after using it in fresh water and having the paint peel off, i'm very glad i did.

GOOD LUCK

Z

FISH ON !

Ronira
11-28-2007, 01:01 PM
Hey whats up Z, I think your powdercoat chipped when you cranked up that V8 you strapped on the back of that rockett, LMAO How did your new battery setup work out. Been thinking about an upgrade.

maya373ufetnsa
11-29-2007, 09:50 AM
I couldn't resist I pulled the trigger on this one for my son, I was going to wait and get a little better one but, we only fish fresh water rivers and lakes. I will upgrade to a 7inch lift with swivel seat from walmart and add (make) a trolling motor battery mount.

Thanks Ronira :banana:

Z-TUNAKILLER
11-29-2007, 03:03 PM
NICE............enjoy the new ride maya

Hey Ron, OPTIMA is the ONLY way to go, allot longer batt. life & way less weight.

save up ur :2cents: and get one, you will not be disappointed.

Z

FISH ON !

Sandwalker
11-29-2007, 03:18 PM
Decisions decisions ;)

I was able to negotiate a deal for 2 of the ODC 816's with alum frame for $339./each (one time deal they tell me). Getting one for my Dad for xmas, and of course he can't go out without me lol.

Ronira
11-29-2007, 06:06 PM
Hey Sandwalker, go with the aluminum, hell it's not my money. lol Good Luck, Hey Z, glad to hear the Optima is working dawg, I'll PM you as soon as I can dump this #%$*@& horse. Hey there maya373ufetnsa, glad your tooning in. I think that boats a heck of a buy and I hope you catch a ton on it.

steve092
11-29-2007, 09:26 PM
Just ordered mine today.
$185 for a Pontoon, Pump, repair kit, and a rod holder.
No shipping too, which is great.

Z-TUNAKILLER
11-30-2007, 12:48 PM
VERY NICE, you guys will luv toon fishing .

GOOD choice with the aluminum frame Sandwalker.

Ron, wtf wind and now the rain, damn i need a fishing fix ....... and i still have not tried out my fish finder, last few trips to the goon the F--king winds made me sour and not want to go back. i have been checking everyday for a break and it seems the fishing GODS are against me .... :bang:

:titanic: :bigsmile:

Z

FISH ON !

Sandwalker
11-30-2007, 01:00 PM
Now for the motor... ;)

They tell me 30lb thrust is good for these. I'm trying to find a motor/battery setup that's light as possible yet lasts long. Any suggestions?? Here's what I found so far:

MotorGuide 30 thrust, only 16lb weight
http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/store ... mber=58786 (http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10151&catalogId=10001&partNumber=58786)

24lb battery - would this last long??
http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/store ... mber=58337 (http://www.basspro.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?langId=-1&storeId=10151&catalogId=10001&partNumber=58337)

Any advice is appreciated! Thanks guys :)

Z-TUNAKILLER
11-30-2007, 01:17 PM
Sandwalker, go with a Minn Kota Riptide 40 S, you can fish salt & fresh, as far as a batt. OPTIMA BLUE TOP MARINE DEEP CYCLE is the way to go...... my :2cents: .... and what i purchase for my ODC.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product. ... id=5297232 (http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=5297232)

Z

FISH ON !

maya373ufetnsa
11-30-2007, 04:13 PM
I agree get the salt water series and even with basspro sale you have to add shipping. Walmart is cheaper and they will ship it to your local store.

Ronira
11-30-2007, 04:15 PM
Hey Z, maybe you want to try over at Perris but the wind can suck over there too. I'm going to try for next Sat and watch the wind forcast and see how it goes. If the weather is right wanna go? Can try over at your neck of the woods if it's not howling as well. Not written in stone but that's my plan.

Z-TUNAKILLER
11-30-2007, 06:21 PM
Ron, sorry can't make it to perris next week, i'll be sticking to castaic for now, have to get my $$$$ worth on my yearly pass.

GOOD LUCK .... an let me know when you can fish up north or hit the salt ?

Z

FISH ON !

maya373ufetnsa
12-07-2007, 03:01 PM
My Toon came in today in a smashed up ripped up box. UPS killed it, I took pictures and dent them to the creek company and spoke to them they didn't want me to send it back, I took an inventory half my stuff is missing and the one pontoon left is ripped. I am waiting to see what they are going to do.

This sucks

tacklejunkie
12-07-2007, 03:14 PM
My Toon came in today in a smashed up ripped up box. UPS killed it, I took pictures and dent them to the creek company and spoke to them they didn't want me to send it back, I took an inventory half my stuff is missing and the one pontoon left is ripped. I am waiting to see what they are going to do.

This sucks
Dude, that's horrible :shock: :evil:

Z-TUNAKILLER
12-07-2007, 03:53 PM

This sucks :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang: :bang:

WTF ........... who did you order from ?

my ODC came Dbl. boxed, sorry to hear about your bad luck, i'm sure they will replace it .

Z

FISH ON !

Ronira
12-07-2007, 04:29 PM
Oh man Maya that sucks :explode: I'm sure they will take care of it but I hate it for you. Did you contact UPS at all?

maya373ufetnsa
12-07-2007, 05:30 PM
I ordered it from direct (the big sale price 150) they are going to put a claim in but he said they might have to wait for UPS to foot the bill.

Z-TUNAKILLER
12-07-2007, 05:45 PM
WTF, THATS BS !

they should ship you a new toon and have UPS pick up the f..ked up 1 from your house, i'd call costumer service and ask for a manager and give him/her an ear full . :2guns: :finger: :beat: :slap: :smack: :angry:

Z

FISH ON !

maya373ufetnsa
12-07-2007, 06:14 PM
I didn't even want to open it UPS had it all wrapped in plastic to hold what was left together. They dropped it at my door and ran never even hit the doorbell. I told them I shouldn't open it, they said it wouldn't make it back. I said I'm not going to repack it. I think whats left I will toss.

Z-TUNAKILLER
12-07-2007, 06:43 PM
WTF, THATS BS !

they should ship you a new toon and have UPS pick up the f..ked up 1 from your house, i'd call costumer service and ask for a manager and give him/her an ear full . :2guns: :finger: :beat: :slap: :smack: :angry:

I ordered it from direct (the big sale price 150) they are going to put a claim in but he said they might have to wait for UPS to foot the bill.

^ from who ? ^

call UPS and ask for a manager, be persistent ...... but don't M F :soapbox: anyone just give them all your info, tell them you were home and the driver dumped it on your doorstep and never knocker or rang the doorbell ( thats big time BS :explode: ), tell them the way it looked you would have never signed for or except any package that was that damaged .

if its on your credit card, call an dispute the charge :dedhorse:

Z

FISH ON !

maya373ufetnsa
12-07-2007, 06:58 PM
The Creek Company the one that was on sale at the beginning of this thread

Ronira
12-07-2007, 08:38 PM
Don't throw anything away Maya, also if you want to PM me your name and the shipping info I will be more than happy to make some phone calls on your behalf for what it's worth. Once they find out a lot of people are paying close attention to how this is being resolved perhaps it will help expedite the conclusion.

Z-TUNAKILLER
12-07-2007, 08:46 PM
go Ron :smash:

GETTTTTTTTTTTTTTTTERRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR-DONE !

Z

FISH ON !

tacklejunkie
12-07-2007, 09:11 PM
Ron, you the man! Helping Steve out with an Anchor and Maya with the Delivery troubles! :thumb:

Gerald
12-08-2007, 01:18 AM
Ron, you the man! Helping Steve out with an Anchor and Maya with the Delivery troubles! :thumb:
Ditto! :appl:

steve092
12-09-2007, 08:05 PM
I didn't even want to open it UPS had it all wrapped in plastic to hold what was left together. They dropped it at my door and ran never even hit the doorbell. I told them I shouldn't open it, they said it wouldn't make it back. I said I'm not going to repack it. I think whats left I will toss.

Dude that really sucks.
I ordered mine and it too came all wrapped up in plastic.

Ronira
12-10-2007, 08:09 AM
Sounds to me like UPS is really blowing it lately. When I bought mine it came in 5 days and it was perfect.

tacklejunkie
12-10-2007, 08:33 AM
I ordered a huge couple thousand dollar telescope one time through UPS. It arrived with a broken primary mirror. I was pissed! I went online to the telescope forum group to find out it was a regular occurance with UPS. Ever since, I do whatever I can to avoid using them for shipping or receiving shipments from them. I even once had a buddy who worked FOR UPS and told me not to ship with them :lol:

maya373ufetnsa
12-10-2007, 08:47 AM
Thanks for all the support guys I will let you know how it turns out today.

maya373ufetnsa
12-10-2007, 05:40 PM
They are sending out a new toon tomorrow, they would like more pictures of the damage sothey can file with UPS.

Ronira
12-10-2007, 06:20 PM
Now that' what I'm talking about, Good for you Maya, save all the extra stuff for spare parts. Hope it's all good by friday.

steve092
12-11-2007, 05:51 AM
Good job settling everything.

maya373ufetnsa
01-02-2008, 07:50 AM
They sent me a whole new toon in time for Christmas :banana: The box was tore up and wrapped in plastic but no parts where missing tis time. Hard to believe because I could stick my hand right into the box and pull out the hardware bag.

tacklejunkie
01-02-2008, 09:09 AM
Sheesh! UPS is unreal :|
Glad to hear you got your 'toon! :thumb: Looking forward to a report.

Ronira
01-02-2008, 09:25 AM
Very cool Maya, now set that bad boy up and start slaying 8)

maya373ufetnsa
01-03-2008, 09:57 AM
I set it up in the living room the wife didn't like that idea....
So its int the garage getting Modifications. Did I mention I live on the east coast here in Va its 22 degrees out cold as heck and windy. I am hoping foe one day above 60, to try it out!

Ronira
01-03-2008, 04:41 PM
Wow Maya, I went to Cobra helicopter school in Newport News Va. in 1976. Love that state, it's beautifull and the history there is unreal. Glad the toon thing worked out for you.