PDA

View Full Version : What am I doin wrong???

Re8elmonk0341
11-15-2007, 05:53 PM
Since Sunday(day 1) all the way till today I've been hitting the sand and surf for some flatties. First day went out with some friends to fish 72nd st. 3 of us skunked and my boy will got a 20" and a leagal 24" Monday(day2) went solo did managed a 20" out of Seal Beach. Within minutes of getting :o but nothing else the whole time there, so I decided to check out 72nd again....NOTHING :x . Tuesday(day3) I wanted to check out a place I've only fished once before. Got to Cherry Beach, water was calm stayed there for bout 30-45 mins for NOTHING. Too much junk and salad in the water. SO once again I head to 72nd st. By this time the sun's out, clear water, blue skys, temp. raisin, bait swimming. Fished there for an hour or so for NOTHING. Wednesday(day4) Not wanting to go out like that I decide to head out solo again to 72nd st. AGAIN the big fat SKUNK :x . Today(day 5) Guess where I went.....Damm right 72nt st AGAIN. :lol: This time I didn't care what I catch. I guess that attitude helps (P.M.A. Possitive Meantal Attitude). I didn't skunk, did manage a whoppin 8" hali. :lol: :lol: :lol: And he was a fighter too pulling line, jumping out of the water (I made those up, just wanted to make myself feel good). As I was leaving I get a text from my buddy Will saying he caught a 24" and a 27" this morning. I was like."Dude, why didn't you call me!" He said, "Dude, I forgot my phone, I caught 3 in less then a hour" :x :evil: So, tomorrow we got a date to the new spot. All 5 days the weather was beautiful. Light breeze, calm h2o, clear blue sky. There's plenty of bait. And I was throwing my LC on all 5 days.

What am I doing wrong?????Is there a trick to the LC or Hali fishing that I don't know bout? I've caught legals before with the LCFM Met. Sar.

Oh well, theres alway tomorrow and the Pacific Ocean isn't going anywhere anytime soon. Guess that's why the call it fishing....But sometimes I just wanna throw my pole into the water :x

victor101
11-15-2007, 06:02 PM
i know the feeling...i get it all the time watching Ghettodad kill the sandbass. good luck tomorrow!

ghetto dad
11-15-2007, 06:08 PM
i know the feeling...i get it all the time watching Ghettodad kill the sandbass. good luck tomorrow!
lol!! hey monk....2 sunday trips!!!

Re8elmonk0341
11-15-2007, 06:15 PM
Is there one on the 25th? I'll see 'bout that one, Ill hit you back up bro. Where will it be out of?

ghetto dad
11-15-2007, 06:16 PM
Is there one on the 25th? I'll see 'bout that one, Ill hit you back up bro. Where will it be out of?
yes, one on the 25th.....Spitfire....redondo.....

PUDD MASTER BAITER
11-16-2007, 07:00 AM
WE HAVE FOUND WHEN THERE NOT HITTING THE HARD BAITS ,WE GO TO THE DROP SHOT, WITH A 18" TO 24" TAG. WE USE SMALL BASS ASSN.WITH A #4 DROP SHOT HOOK,OR ANY THING THAT LOOKS LIKE A SMALL 4" MINNOW. IN GREEN BACK. ALTHOUGH MOST HALIS ARE SMALL, THAT BIG ONE, WILL SURPRISE YOU ONCE,AND A WHILE. THIS METHOUD RARELY LETS US DOWN, IF OTHER THINGS ARE NOT WORKING, ALSO THIS WILL CATCH BASS, AND CROAKERS DUE TO THE SIZE OF THE BAIT. PEACE OUT, AND GOOD LUCK MIKE THE PMB....

Brad100
11-16-2007, 07:45 AM
....But sometimes I just wanna throw my pole into the water :x

Sounds like you'd make a good golfer, too!!! :lol:

You know that's how it goes... sometimes you catch nuttin, sometimes you hit the jackpot!

kichigai1
11-16-2007, 09:41 AM
It could be a lot of things Just because you got a LC doesn't mean you're going to get anything-Day before yesterday I got 8 on the LC -yesterday only got 1 but as you know Mario got that 30"
Now more so than summer you have to switch it up- yesterday they wanted the swimbait after i switched I got 2 and missed 3 - also think slow and about water temp. we've been hitting them where the water is a little warmer

Also if you hit a spot 3-5 days in a row and don't get hit it's time to hit another spot-also as 1 of the previous posters said try the dropshot.
Remember It's called fishing
me personally
I like to go catching . start thinking about it a little more put a lot of time in and Observe really observe the conditions and modify your tactics and fish accordingly.
There was a time during the summer when people where getting them on the krocs and they would get 1 or 2 -I'd go out to that same beach and pick off 20 using a kroc - the difference I figured where they wanted it and how they wanted it using the same lure -same color ,same weight -but a different depth and retrieve.
Also not all setups work the same -know you're equipment some reels retrieve too fast.

it's likke these guys saying the stripers aren't biting at Castaic or the only want shad-thenhow come i have got a 8,10 and an
11 this past week? it's because i switched it up and I'm not using shad :mrgreen:
In any case I'm thinking of holding a surffishing seminar or starting to give lessons when I do I'll let you know
hope this helps :D

Wingnut
11-16-2007, 10:20 AM
Kichigai1 wrote: In any case I'm thinking of holding a surffishing seminar or starting to give lessons when I do I'll let you know .

I'll sign up for your class! :mrgreen:

dirthead
11-16-2007, 07:33 PM
LIVE BAIT!!!!!!!!!
get yourself a net or sabiki and try using some live smelt for bait.
DIRTHEAD ( long beach)

bsp
11-17-2007, 09:15 PM
Kichigai1 wrote: In any case I'm thinking of holding a surffishing seminar or starting to give lessons when I do I'll let you know .

I'll sign up for your class! :mrgreen:

Me too!

Jikser
11-19-2007, 07:39 PM
Me 3 legals 'Monk 1 legal...hahaha I'm still winning.

We fishing again this wednesday right? Holla at me bro.

Re8elmonk0341
11-20-2007, 09:52 AM
Me 3 legals 'Monk 1 legal...hahaha I'm still winning.

We fishing again this wednesday right? Holla at me bro.

Ill be on base Tuesday to do some checking out. My boy suppose to be coming back from Iraq that night in 29 Palms. If thats the case, I can't make it for surf fishing but I'll ask Trinh bout hoopin' that night dude. Is Mel going so I can take Trinh with me.