PDA

View Full Version : Working out in Hawthorn tomorrow 11-15 help a brotha.

Fisher-of-Men
11-14-2007, 10:12 PM
There is a place you can hike down to that is in Palos Verdes. When you follow the coastline (Espalande I believe) from Redondo Beach to Palos Verdes; take Palos Verdes Dr for a couple of miles to Paseo Del Mar. This will take you to the top of the cliffs. There is a road that goes down to the bottom of the cove where you will find the perfect secluded spot to fish. You have to hike down by foot but will have it for the most part, all to yourself.

Good luck!

Fisher-of-Men

one_leg
11-14-2007, 10:18 PM
Yeah that spot is good. I used to dive there. It's a ***** climbing down the cliffs with a set of gear, but it's worth it!!!

One_Leg

one_leg
11-14-2007, 10:55 PM
Dude, you can fish the docks at MDR, $10 for three hours. All the sardines you can use included in that price.

One_Leg

Fresh or Salt
11-14-2007, 11:13 PM
You can try any of the following beaches: Torrance, Redondo, Hermosa( next to pier), and Manhattan Beach (El Porto). Im not an expert surf fisherman, but you may want to try the sliding sinker setup (long leader) with some bait or plastics. This is what Pete from the old JUST FISHING in Hermosa would recommend. I would also recommend reading some posts under the SoCal Harbor, Surf, and Pier Reports to get some great ideas and info. Good luck.

cappo
11-15-2007, 09:50 AM
what about marina del rey? I looked at the map and its closer to set than PV. Is there a peir there?

REZ

Fish off the jetty over there. Theres fat sand bass and spotties. Use swimbaits w 1/2oz leadhead. The pier at the park is bunk unless you like bait and wait.