PDA

View Full Version : Holes in the seat....?

Number1Monkey
04-30-2007, 08:32 PM
Dudes, Why the crap are there holes in the black bottom material that holds the foam in my seat? I have a Caddis fishcat. The very bottom black vinyl has 4 holes in it. This allows water into the back area which, if kept dry, would be pretty sweet to hold stuff in. As it is, it always fills with water and when I land a fish, my reel ends up taking a swim in that water. If I patch those holes up, will I regret it? It seems like I might be a little faster on the water too if I wasn't dragging my *** and a few gallons of water....

jakalope
05-02-2007, 05:36 PM
I think they are for letting the water drain out. If that area behind your seat filled with water it would be a lot of weight = to much for tube. Kind of like a canoe full of water. Thats my theory at least. :roll:

rusty6
05-02-2007, 06:42 PM
they sound like scupper holes, used for drainage...bad idea to plug them up

yakker
05-03-2007, 04:07 AM
The scupper theory just don't hold water.....

Ok bad joke

Number1Monkey
05-05-2007, 09:29 AM
Ya I figured it out after only pluggin 2... But if I plugged them all it wouldn't fill with water...

DreStyle
05-11-2007, 09:37 PM
Ya I figured it out after only pluggin 2... But if I plugged them all it wouldn't fill with water...

I'm not a very experienced tuber but I'm kinda thinking that having at least some drainage would be favorable just in case you found yourself in less than favorable conditions on the water. If that area filled up cuz of waves spilling over before you could get to shore I would imagine that would spell trouble.