PDA

View Full Version : Bridgeport / Twins Closing Weekend Report

Big Country
11-13-2007, 11:10 AM
Got to Bridgeport around 12:30 am Friday Night/Saturday morning with a group of 10 buddies. We went to the Resi dam first thing in the morning (around 5:30 am) to throw lures. One guy got a brown that went around 3 lbs. Nothing for anyone else. Around 8:30 am, we all break apart and head to different spots in the area.

My brother, his buddy and I head to upper twin to take a look at the back of the lake and see what is going on. The place was deserted, the water was low, so we decide to head back to Lower Twin. While driving lakeside, we see a bunch of nice looking fish right off the road in one of the coves so we give it a shot on Upper. My brother hooked a nice 3 lb brown on green powerbait and his buddy knocked a nice rainbow that went 5 lbs. I was skunked for the first couple of hours, but the area was big enough and had a lot of fish so we call the rest of the clan on the 2-way and get them over by us. By night fall, almost everyone got two or more fish with the smallest ones being around 2.5 lbs and the largest going around 5.5 lbs. We had a total of 3 fish over 5 lbs, 5 over 4 lbs and close to 10 fish over 3 lbs. I personally finished the day with one that was 4.6 lbs on the digital and the other was 4.13 lbs. This was without a doubt the best fishing in terms of quality that we have every had with a group of guys this big, so it was a fun day.

On Sunday, we all woke up a little later to rain showers and it was looking pretty dark back by the Twins. We decide for go there again, to the same spot, and found ourselves in the middle of a wind and rain storm that turned into sleet for 30 minutes and then into snow for the next few hours. We all scratched away a a couple of dinks, but it was nothing like the day before. We were all in the Bridgeport Inn Bar eating lunch and watching football by noon. We all went back out at around 3 pm, but again it was slow with only a couple of dinks showing.

On Monday we woke up to 12 degree readings on the car thermometer and icy conditions. Decide to head home and not fish because it was going to be a slow process on the icy roads until we got past Mammoth.

In all, it was a good trip with good friends and a lot of nice size fish. We saw a photo of a 12 lber that came out of Lower Twin on Friday, but other than that there was no news of big browns showing for anyone. My have some pics on cell phone cameras, so photos will have to wait until I get a hold of these from everyone. Two of my buddies are still there with their boat until tomorrow on Lower Twin, so they stand a good chance of getting something decent.

fndaway66
11-13-2007, 12:43 PM
I was up there aslo, float tubed the Upper Twin in the morning. Your right, the quality of the fish was awesome. Heard about the 12lb brown but didn't see a pic of it. I'll post a report and pics later