PDA

View Full Version : Good places in Northern California to fish for striped bass

Spear Hunter
04-11-2007, 06:27 PM
We will be going to various places in May for vacation, if anyone can suggest good places to camp and shore fish (or where boat rentals are available) could you please let me know. One of the places we plan to go is the Delta area near a town called Rio Vista, anyone know of good fishing places there for shore fishing or that rents boats. Also, would like to do some camping and fishing where the Sac. River and the Feather River meet, anyone know of any good places to shore fish and camp in that area. Any other suggestions in the vicinty mentioned, probably no further north than Sacramento, would be appreciated.

BakoBassin
04-12-2007, 08:02 AM
Check your PM.

mauiboy
05-03-2007, 10:23 PM
Rio vista cross the bridge first left hit stop sign right to fish store all the info you need .Last time up there with my son he had a brand new rod from grampa turn around that thing was gone fish took everything and kept going. :oops: :oops:

spartafish
05-03-2007, 11:59 PM
SAN LUIS RESERVOIR...fatty stripers. i dont know what bako told you in his PM, but if he follows up on this thread, feel free to shoot me the same PM. with school winding down and football lightening up, im in the need for some nor cal stripers.

Spear Hunter
05-04-2007, 02:26 PM
Actually were camping at the forebay. I grew up in Los Banos so I know where to fish around there. We are really looking foward to staying on the Delta. Where staying at a place called Eddo's Resort. Thanks for the info all

lakersmn
05-07-2007, 02:57 PM
Just got back ffrom the Delta, windy but really good striper fishing right now. If you want to take a drive south from there Nacimiento is wide open on white bass 1 to 3lbs.