PDA

View Full Version : Boat SLip Help

ONEKID
11-12-2007, 01:03 PM
Wanna try slipping my boat, but I aint got a clue on who to contact or where to look. I'm totally new to boating, can anyone help a brother out? From Dana point to Long Beach, it doesnt matter where the slip is located. If anyone can pass along contact info or anyone is aware of a slip available that would be great. The boat is only 21 ft. is it even worth slipping it?

Nessie Hunter
11-12-2007, 01:39 PM
"The boat is only 21 ft. is it even worth slipping it?"

No,,,, unless $$ is no object..

Marina Slips:
There are 7 boat basins in Long Beach, all operated by the City of Long Beach. Boats ranging from 18 feet to 90 feet are accommodated. Wooden dock slip rent includes dock boxes and free water and power. Telephones can be installed for a nominal fee and there is parking for over 2,700 vehicles utilizing a parking sticker system for boat owners.

Amenities include ice, private showers and heads, dock carts and a pump out stations. All heads are accessed with a card key. There are no washers or dryers at Alamitos.

Regarding slip fees and rates, we were told to refer to the official website at http://www.ci.long-beach.ca.us .

The following is an excerpt from their site.

Manager- Mark Sandoval email: mark_sandoval@longbeach.gov (mailto:mark_sandoval@longbeach.gov)
(562) 570-3215

Long Beach Shoreline Marina (Downtown)
450 East Shoreline Drive
Long Beach, California 90802
(562) 570-4950
Fax (562) 570-1799
Email- Dana Apodaca daapoda@longbeach.gov (mailto:daapoda@longbeach.gov)

Marina ServicesSlips;
Call for current rates and availability. All slips are rented on a month to month basis. There are waiting lists for all slip sizes. You may stop by one of the marina offices, call, or e-mail and we will mail a slip application to you.

The guest slips are $0.75 per foot, per night.. That figures out to almost $500 per month, for a GUEST slip.. I am sure there are time restrictions on the guest slips.

I think Dana just did a remodel of Marina and slips, and dont even have smaller slips (under 30ft) anymore??? could be wrong on that...