PDA

View Full Version : New Ride

maya373ufetnsa
11-10-2007, 05:51 PM
I'm thinking about getting a pontoon but want some real world experience with the WaterSkeeter, Cabelas Fish Cat and ODC products. I need help with which one is more durable, quality, and has the better customer support?

Thanks
Rick

Ronira
11-11-2007, 05:24 AM
I like the Creek Co boats. Mine is an ODC 1018 and I've had it a little over two years. It's in great shape and customer support is outstanding.

tacklejunkie
11-11-2007, 07:18 AM
Haven't had a single quality issue with the Fish Cat Cougar. Been beating it up every weekend for a few months since I had it. Worth the money for sure.

mlyons310
11-12-2007, 06:19 PM
I'm thinking about getting a pontoon but want some real world experience with the WaterSkeeter, Cabelas Fish Cat and ODC products. I need help with which one is more durable, quality, and has the better customer support?

Thanks
Rick

Got a killer Outcast Pac 900 with Launching Gear http://www.launchinggear.com for $450. Used only 6 times.Much better quality than any of the pontoons you are looking at. Total setup cost over $1200 brand new. Check out the Outcast website.

Thanks and let me know if you want to take a lookat the pontoon!

Ronira
11-12-2007, 06:51 PM
The Cabelas fishcat is an outcast boat made for cabelas, to say they are far superior to the boats listed I personally think is not accurate. While I do agree they are a good boat I would not say they are far superior. If you want the best you can buy a Dave Scadden design from North Fork Outdoors. They are the superior boat in my opinion. I was a pro river guide for over 18 years and I know a couple of things about inflatable boats. Outcast boats are very good and the asking price of mlyons310 is a great value. If that's the type of toon your looking for I would buy it.

Socal Bassman
11-12-2007, 08:10 PM
The Cabelas fishcat is an outcast boat made for cabelas, to say they are far superior to the boats listed I personally think is not accurate. While I do agree they are a good boat I would not say they are far superior. If you want the best you can buy a Dave Scadden design from North Fork Outdoors. They are the superior boat in my opinion. I was a pro river guide for over 18 years and I know a couple of things about inflatable boats. Outcast boats are very good and the asking price of mlyons310 is a great value. If that's the type of toon your looking for I would buy it.
Mlyons' toon seems like the kind of toon I'm looking for, but I can't afford it at the moment. So I guess I'll continue saving up for that Madison River I've had my eye on.

mlyons310
11-12-2007, 08:42 PM
Hey Rick check out the pontoon this member has for sale. It is the model you are looking for for $200. http://fishingnetwork.net/forum1/viewtopic.php?f=33&t=10486

Socal Bassman
11-12-2007, 09:24 PM
Umm... Who's Rick?

Anyway, thanks for the heads up, but I was thinking more on the lines of a 9' boat, urethane bladders, aluminum frame, Halkey Roberts valves, and a 15yr. warranty. Plus, I'm not really an Incredible Hulk kinda guy, I'm more into the Spiderman scheme :lol:.

[attachment=0:0014b]madisonriverst9.jpg[/attachment:0014b]

Ronira
11-13-2007, 04:35 AM
Good choice SoCal, that green boat is a trout unlimited lake model. Low end boat, ( sells for $312.00 ) with no whitewater rating. The North Fork Outdoors boat, SWEET.

matt duarte
11-13-2007, 08:26 AM
i have the ODC816 and its been really good to me, ive added a standing deck and it hold me perfect.. its rated for whitewater and is only about 400 bucks...

maya373ufetnsa
11-13-2007, 10:20 AM
Thanks for all your input, I'm about to pull the trigger on the Cablela Fishcat Panther

matt duarte
11-13-2007, 12:09 PM
good deal dude! where you located? if your close you should bring that bad boy down to perris one weekend when you buy it :banana:

maya373ufetnsa
11-13-2007, 12:33 PM
Woodstock Virginia

You guy have a great board that why I asked for advice, I figure if you guys play on real rivers and the ocean it would beat the Shenandoah river with some small lakes around here.

matt duarte
11-13-2007, 12:34 PM
o thats cool dude! i have family out in new martinville west virgina, i missed the thanksgiving hunting this year but ill be out their in the summer bassin it up!

maya373ufetnsa
11-13-2007, 12:47 PM
Let me know when I can meet up with you guys or you can come down my way it's only 55 minutes away

matt duarte
11-13-2007, 03:17 PM
really! dude thats sweet for sure ill let you know!