PDA

View Full Version : Convict and June lake opening weekend 2007(lots of pics)

Ryguy
04-30-2007, 05:40 PM
We left the house at 8:40 pm friday night and got to our room at exactly 1:00 am Saturday morning. We sleep till 3:00 and then off to convict lake. The bite was wide open i caught my first fish at 5:04 and 5 fish by 5:14 all released. My dad caught the first big fish of the day just over 2 pounds. Then my bro catches another big one and im still waiting for mine. Not long of my poles goes down and i set the hook and the dragstarts to scream, the fish takes off and jumped clear out of the water twice in looked to be about 5 pounds. i get get him within 5 feet of the shore but he runs into some weeds in the water and fought him in their for a while until he final brakes my line. i fought that fish for about 15 minutes. About 30 minutes later my bros pole goes down and the line starts screaming and in jumps a few times, looked to be about 4 pounds but heads to the same weeds i got broken off and same happens to him. Then around 8 the bite shut down with a few fish here and there. Right before we left i was throwing a jig and saw a 2 pounder nail it and landed that one. When we left we had 11 fish and released the rest. between the three of us we caught about 60 fish.
June lake: we rented about and the fishing was so slow we only managed 7 fish between the three of us . And it was colder and windy . My dad did manage a nice cutthroat.

Convict monday: we fished from 6 to 9 and caught 8 fish. One was a decent sized one and only keep two. One i caught on a jig right before we left and i saw him eat it to. The water was so clear. I saw a huge trout come about 7 feet from shore and it looke like an easy 7+ fish.

Ryguy 8)

fisheromen
04-30-2007, 07:30 PM
AWESOME!!! Sounbds like you guys had a GREAT time!!!

THANKS or sharing.

Can't wait until it's my turn to go...but not util july for me... :cry:

Carrie
04-30-2007, 08:15 PM
Looks pretty awesome there! Nice pics! I will be in convict, if all works in my favor, in 2 weeks. Thanks for sharing that. Def is helpful!

nellkev
04-30-2007, 08:27 PM
Nice report. It didn’t look like there were that many people fishing next to you. You must have found the right spot.

Sandman
04-30-2007, 09:26 PM
nice report and a beautiful cutthroat. i love those things. what areas did you target at June? I'm heading up on Thursday. We usally fish around the reeds just outside the marina and by the big rocks across from it. Did you troll at all along the highway side?
sandman

Troutman65
04-30-2007, 09:30 PM
Very nice report W/ great pics. too. Browns sure look cool. Thanks for post.

Fisho
04-30-2007, 09:45 PM
UH-OH! Your hand has now grown larger than your head. :shock: :D

http://fishingnetwork.net/forum1/files/2_pounder_654.jpg

olfishergal
04-30-2007, 10:54 PM
very cool....can't wait to get up there

troutcatcher
05-01-2007, 01:51 AM
Great report, convict is always a good choice for the opener. The lake produces some fat rainbows.

Ryguy
05-01-2007, 04:24 PM
thanks for all the replys and comments. ya we were lucky to get an awesome spot with no one around us. sandman we did not trool and the reeds along the highway are also good spots other than the ones you mentioned

sierraslam
05-02-2007, 06:59 AM
Nice report! We went to Convict opening morn. as well. Our group was at the back side to the right of you guys, as you look back twards the marina. My nephew got the biggest fish at 5.7 lbs., I got 2 fish in the three pound range and one other guy got 4.6 and 3.2. Several 12 - 14 inch Browns showed up and we were able to release them all. Sunday we fished Lundy and Grant lake, nothing big but lots of fish. Can't wait till next trip! good fishin!