PDA

View Full Version : Are Cutts common in Crowley?

LAHS_ELDO_74
11-07-2007, 03:58 PM
I caught 2 4lb-ish Cutthroats out of Crowley a few openers ago and was wondering if there is a good population of that species in the lake.

fleaflicker
11-07-2007, 04:58 PM
They are frequently caught in the lake, but I don't think that they are stocked anymore.

I heard that the state stopped stocking them a few years ago. As well as the browns. Only fish that are stocked by the state are various strains of rainbows. So if you catch the browns or cutts, snap a pic and say bye bye. What's in there now are all holdover and native wild fish.

Mike274
11-09-2007, 05:01 PM
Yup, believe you are right. They stopped stocking cuts in most sierra lakes years ago I believe and some stopped stocking browns as well. Convict just recently started stocking the brownies again and most large ones are holdovers. As stated earlier these are a great fresh water game fish. Please point, shoot and release. Ifin ya don't release 'em we won't get that chance of a lifetime catch in the future. Besides, there are plenty of stocker 'bows to eat ifin ya want to.

Mike

fleaflicker
11-09-2007, 08:30 PM
There are Browns being stocked but they aren't coming from the state. Privately funded from tournament fees.

I say let them grow to record proportions and enjoy them for sport, not food. :soapbox: