PDA

View Full Version : New FC4 LCS!

tacklejunkie
11-07-2007, 07:54 AM
Check out the new fish cats for 2008!
something about a new stripping apron design..
http://www.outcastboats.com/outcastboat ... ubes.shtml (http://www.outcastboats.com/outcastboats/fishcattubes.shtml)

I am definitely gonna get me another FC4 one of these days..

chris
11-07-2007, 04:28 PM
those look pretty sweet

tacklejunkie
11-07-2007, 04:43 PM
Fish cats are great tubes man. Keep you high and dry, and have extra room to haul mad gear!
Next time I think I'll get the one with the inflatable seat so it packs up smaller. Cost a bunch more though :roll: (orange/reddish one)

Socal Bassman
11-07-2007, 08:13 PM
Fish cats are great tubes man. Keep you high and dry, and have extra room to haul mad gear!
Next time I think I'll get the one with the inflatable seat so it packs up smaller. Cost a bunch more though :roll: (orange/reddish one)
I hear that TJ. Nothing against the foam seats of the FC4, but I'd like to try a tube with inflatable seats next. I'm already eyeballing one, but the price is the deterrent right now though.

mlyons310
11-07-2007, 09:03 PM
The stripping apron design is a huge improvement. The inflatable seatback and bottom are much more comfortable than the foam. I have the both the super fat cat and new prowler and the new apron is on the prowler. Outcast products are far superior to any other manufacturer. I am a big boy and have had some seam issues on the super fat cat and they have replaced the tube without question. The prowler seems pretty bullet proof.

See Chris Fish
11-08-2007, 09:04 PM
Can you retro fit the older FC4 with the new apron? Looks the same otherwise.
Thanks

Socal Bassman
11-08-2007, 09:28 PM
Hey mlyons, since you have a toon as well as tubes, why are you selling the toon? Is it because you prefer a tube over a toon? Just curious because I have tube and thinking of getting a toon. I'm just not totally sold on the idea of tooning though. Still surprised that nobody has bought your toon yet. Seems like a heck of a deal.

tacklejunkie
11-09-2007, 07:47 AM
Socal,
There is a place for both a toon and a tube :wink:

I can cover Jenks in 7 rows with the toon, so I take the tube instead. Any big lake, and the pontoon is my selection, unless I don't plan on moving around much.

If you are mainly sticking to Perris, I'd recommend both. The tube for solo launching or fishing while you move and the pontoon for days when the guys are out in full force and can help you launch or are also assembling pontoons themselves. Pretty much only good for anchor fishing or trolling. Tough to move and fish at the same time on the pontoon! Plus, theres added vantage point with the pontoon since you can stand up and see a little better. And I know you like to modify things by the looks of your finder mount! :lol: I think there is a pontoon out there somewhere looking for your back seat!

Anyways,
I sold off my fly fishing outfit, and might be selling off my Caddis Nevada tube soon. Going to start saving up for the Orange/Black Deluxe FC4 LCS and a new set of waders!
I like having both forms of water transportation :wink:
(since I can' thave a real boat untill I rid of my highschool junker project car :lol: )

Somone help me sell off that dang CRX and I can get a boat!

Socal Bassman
11-09-2007, 10:55 PM
Yeah I definitely see the advantage of a toon on big lakes TJ. Although not completely sold on them, I am saving up my nickels and dimes :lol:. I'm not guaranteeing anything, but y'all better not be surprised if you find me on a toon by next summer. I have been eyeballing (and drooling) over one model for far too long. The price point is the main deterrent though, but it seems to be the one that fits my needs and mod plans the most. Ohh yeah, I already have some mods in mind.

fgibbons7
11-09-2007, 11:10 PM
i still love mine with new motor zoom zoom zoom :banana:

Ronira
11-10-2007, 05:40 PM
I fished my toon for about a year before I put a trolling motor on it and felt about the same as TJ does now. Hard to move around and fish at the same time. Put a trolling motor on a toon and the world changes. It fishes much better than you might think. Next comes the retractable daggerboard and I'll be good to go.

johnsfishing
11-10-2007, 10:33 PM
is the apron up higher on this model??

o and TJ- how much are selling you Caddis For?? :D

johnsfishing

tacklejunkie
11-11-2007, 07:21 AM
In another week, I'll probably put the Caddis up for $50 or so..
Just need to make sure I'm good and ready to sell it before I do :wink:

johnsfishing
11-11-2007, 08:09 PM
In another week, I'll probably put the Caddis up for $50 or so..
Just need to make sure I'm good and ready to sell it before I do :wink:

8)

mlyons310
11-13-2007, 07:27 PM
Hey mlyons, since you have a toon as well as tubes, why are you selling the toon? Is it because you prefer a tube over a toon? Just curious because I have tube and thinking of getting a toon. I'm just not totally sold on the idea of tooning though. Still surprised that nobody has bought your toon yet. Seems like a heck of a deal.

Trying to sell the toon just for the plain reason that I primarily use the tube as I got my g/f into tubing and when I am in the toon she cannot even hang with me. Outside of that if I where going solo I would more than likely use the toon. You can kick it around no problem.

Thanks,

Fearless
11-13-2007, 11:42 PM
Socal,
There is a place for both a toon and a tube :wink:

I can cover Jenks in 7 rows with the toon, so I take the tube instead. Any big lake, and the pontoon is my selection, unless I don't plan on moving around much.

If you are mainly sticking to Perris, I'd recommend both. The tube for solo launching or fishing while you move and the pontoon for days when the guys are out in full force and can help you launch or are also assembling pontoons themselves. Pretty much only good for anchor fishing or trolling. Tough to move and fish at the same time on the pontoon! Plus, theres added vantage point with the pontoon since you can stand up and see a little better. And I know you like to modify things by the looks of your finder mount! :lol: I think there is a pontoon out there somewhere looking for your back seat!

Anyways,
I sold off my fly fishing outfit, and might be selling off my Caddis Nevada tube soon. Going to start saving up for the Orange/Black Deluxe FC4 LCS and a new set of waders!
I like having both forms of water transportation :wink:
(since I can' thave a real boat untill I rid of my highschool junker project car :lol: )

Somone help me sell off that dang CRX and I can get a boat!

Year of your CRX and Photos please... PM me!

ediboy
11-20-2007, 11:15 AM
getting mine in 2 weeks :]]]

fisherkid47
11-26-2007, 08:00 PM
I bought the new fish cat lcs and ended up returning it because the stripping aprin got in the way because it does'nt go low enough. So instead I got the fish cat 4. If u want the stripping aprin to be higher get the lcs, if you want an aprin resting on your lap then stick w/ the older one. Also they are literally exactly the same except for the stripping aprin, and the material that covers the bladder is different I think. But you do not sit any higher in the water, the seat is the same.

maya373ufetnsa
11-30-2007, 10:58 AM
I fished my toon for about a year before I put a trolling motor on it and felt about the same as TJ does now. Hard to move around and fish at the same time. Put a trolling motor on a toon and the world changes. It fishes much better than you might think. Next comes the retractable daggerboard and I'll be good to go.

Ok what will the retractable daggerboard help with and where would you mount it?

Thanks
Rick

Ronira
11-30-2007, 04:21 PM
Hey Rick, the reason for the dagger board is so I can set my trolling motor and let go and travel the lake hands free without having to steer my toon! It will make the boat track straight through the wind and the waves. Mounting that bad boy is still on the drawing table. I'm thinking of mounting a transducer on the bottom of it as well, Should be trick.

DaFish
12-26-2007, 08:30 PM
The stripping apron design is a huge improvement. The inflatable seatback and bottom are much more comfortable than the foam. I have the both the super fat cat and new prowler and the new apron is on the prowler. Outcast products are far superior to any other manufacturer. I am a big boy and have had some seam issues on the super fat cat and they have replaced the tube without question. The prowler seems pretty bullet proof.

I was thinking of getting the super fat cat 4 deluxe because of the big storage space and it sits higher.

Should I just spend more and get a prowler? what is the difference? I was thinking of letting my wife or friends use
my fishcat for a spare but might sell it later.

I really could use the storage cause i like to take my sandwich and all kinds of snacks and gear w/out having them
smashed up.

DaFish
12-26-2007, 08:34 PM
I bought the new fish cat lcs and ended up returning it because the stripping aprin got in the way because it does'nt go low enough. So instead I got the fish cat 4. If u want the stripping aprin to be higher get the lcs, if you want an aprin resting on your lap then stick w/ the older one. Also they are literally exactly the same except for the stripping aprin, and the material that covers the bladder is different I think. But you do not sit any higher in the water, the seat is the same.

I was wondering about the upper stripping apron. does it just get in your way? I would think the lower the better also.

fisherkid47
12-27-2007, 07:58 PM
Yah , it really does...for me at least. When your stripping in line, you cant strip long lengths if u need to w/ it because it prevents you from going any lower. So you have to strip short lengths. Other than that its fine, but its just kind of annoying having it up so high instead of on your lap.

DaFish
01-14-2008, 05:37 PM
Just saw the LCS models with the apron, You can lower the apron if you cut down the fitting but you cannot raise it back up.

Dear Outcast bring back the old apron for all models. This new apron seems like it is not necessary because the apron will
get in the way of your casting.