PDA

View Full Version : best pier in Orange County coast

Fresssh
11-05-2007, 06:52 PM
I've been hooping for few months and no luck witht he bugs... Does anywhere know which pier will be the best for hooping crabs and lobsters? Also of people said San Clemente but no luck three, seen some but never pulled any up. Does anyone have any information about SB pier which part of the pier will be good for Spiders and rock crabs.

wannabeafisher
11-06-2007, 12:10 PM
I went to SB pier about 3 weeks ago and pulled up 1 spider crab (good size one too).

Here is a link to my posting with the pic of my first catch.
http://www.fishingnetwork.net/forum1/vi ... =29&t=9636 (http://www.fishingnetwork.net/forum1/viewtopic.php?f=29&t=9636)

I was dropping my net at the end of the pier. Next to me their was this kid that hoops there all the time and he said he always pulls up the spiders at the end of the pier behind Rubys. I know based upon talking with other people that the rock crabs are out there too, just not that many pulled up.

I may be going there this Friday with my older son (4 years), not sure yet, I have to conveince my wife to let me go.

Good luck, maybe we will run into each other some day hooping the SB pier.

Regards,
Wannabe

Re8elmonk0341
11-06-2007, 07:05 PM
I've never pulled up any lobsters aut plenty of spiders and one rock at Redondo Pier. Kind of away fom the food and tackle shop near the drinking fountain.

irvinefisher
11-16-2007, 04:08 PM
i was out 2 weeks ago in newport and some guy caught a good size spider crab... some time later a guy pulled up a monster spider crab. biggest crab i have ever seen in my life!!!!!!!!!!!!!! it must have been a 20 pounder!!!!!! lets just say huge! the crab looked to be as wide as the 36" net they used when legs spread out. it was i beast.... i was so jealous! he had a buddy with dreads that was extremely annoying. couldn't shut his mouth, a caucasian guy.

CoffeaRobusta
11-16-2007, 10:30 PM
I've cuaght crabs and lobster off hB and SB piers....just not that many. good luck!