PDA

View Full Version : Alamitos/Huntington Harbor

fishmounter
04-11-2007, 05:00 PM
Does anyone have any information about float tubing in Alamitos Bay? I guess this is part of Anaheim Bay and Huntington Harbor? Where do you launch and park? Also anyone know where I can get a good fishing map of this area? I've got a nice little 12 ft aluminum boat that I've used in Newport Bay. Can I put it in here too?

fish4keep
04-11-2007, 05:16 PM
Alamitos is where Davies Launch ramp is and Anaheim / Huntington is where Sunset Aquatic Launch ramp is. They are not connected unless you go outside the jetties.

You could launch at: Davies Launch ramp is on Marine Dr in Long Beach. Sunset Aquatic Launch ramp is at the end of Edinger in Sunset Beach (I think).

If you're tubing Alamitos there are many spots where you could launch from. There's lots of sand on the peninsula on Ocean Blvd. There's also Mothers Beach which is across from Davies Launch ramp.

mg2969
04-12-2007, 10:31 AM
I concur with fish4keep with some additonal info. There is a second launch in Huntington Harbor / Anaheim Bay behind the firehouse on Warner just east of PCH (over by the 2nd light)

In los alamitos 2 places to tube would be over by the gondolas (bay shore and ocean ) and over on appian way. If you were to tube in Huntington Harbor / Anaheim Bay the best legal place would be Seabridge park (countess dr and edinger)

mg

fishmounter
04-12-2007, 04:15 PM
Hey thanks guys! This helps a lot. Looking at Google Earth, where do boats from HH get out to sea? Did I hear that going out under the PCH bridge is off limits to the public? Also can you fish up in that slough area of Anaheim Bay? Looks pretty fishy to me.

mg2969
04-12-2007, 04:22 PM
The only way out is under the bridge.
I believe (being a yakker) that as long as you under power you can transit through to the ocean.

The slough area is mostly an ecological preservation area with signs and super thick cables floated with massive buoys prohibiting anyone. You mentioned the google earth, going up into the slough area you can actually see the cable strung between the 2 "islands"