PDA

View Full Version : Bad Experience with the Outboard Motor

TROUTMEXICO
10-29-2007, 10:27 PM
Less then a month ago I purchased a 4hp outboard motor at Boats World. I took the motor to the Irvine Opener and it wouldn’t fire up, I tried several times and two gentlemen came up to help (FNN) thanks and it still did work. The good thing I had my trolling motor in the truck. I then followed another gentlemen’s advise which was to take it back to the store and explain what happen. The manager gave me few tips on how to fix it, however, it still would fire up. I then called the store, and let the manager know that his tips weren’t working, he then said I had to take in for service to get it checked. I explained to him that the warranty book said if there were any problems to take it back to the store were it was purchased. I told him that the motor had to have pre- delivery Inspections, and he was unaware of that. The motor also came with a slip that it should have been checked before taking it. When approaching the store manager with the problem and the pre-inspection not done, the manager said it was my responsibility and not his. As I explained to him that the store catalog said satisfaction guarantee, he had no clue what the outboard manual said nor about the warranty manual said. After having me running around I got fed up asked for my money back and they said nope. I called to speak to someone above the manager and they were extremely rude at corporate, I was so mad do to how they spoke to me, I had to call consumer affairs they took my report and asked me for my purchase information and warranty manual so they could start the claim. The store called me back the next day and told me that I was able to get my money back with no problem. To all new and old customers make sure if you buy an outboard motor that you get a pre- delivery inspection before taking it home and make sure it works before taking it as well. Going to buy a Honda outboard pre checked

johnsfishing
10-29-2007, 10:39 PM
I had to call consumer affairs they took my report and asked me for my purchase information and warranty manual so they could start the claim. The store called me back the next day and told me that I was able to get my money back with no problem.

good for you :hi5: :appl: :thumb: :thumb: :thumb:

johnsfishing

fishntoss
10-30-2007, 12:24 AM
Whaat is up with customer service today... Geesh,, It didn't work when I bought it. Do something about it... Why the **^% would anyone have to go thru all that. I mean c'mon. The manager didn't have to cajones to make it right. Ya sell a product in your store. You're responsible for it.
Then so many places wonder why they don't do well and end up closing. I know theres more to it and all, but, still. grrrrrrrrrr.
I'm still hot bout a telemarketing thing. I've been called by them for weeks. Each time I've asked to be taken off the list. Two or three times when asking about who they were calling from.. they just hang up... Tonight I asked for a supervisor, the first lady says hold on, and hangs up, the second guy starts arguing with me.. after quite a few bad words he hangs up.. third time is a charm, supposedly my name was taken off, but we'll see. The company name. Great Atlantic Warranty. No affiliation with anyone...
Customer service is totally non-existant nowadays.. :soapbox: .... Glad to hear you finally got your problem solved, sorry to hear it had to go that far....

TROUTMEXICO
11-02-2007, 10:15 PM
Thanks guy's, I purchased a new honda outboard at AvalonYath Boat sales in Long Beach. Best Customer Services they took the time to explain every thing about the outboard.

Z-TUNAKILLER
11-03-2007, 12:19 PM
hey now, TROUTMEXICO what BW did you go to, i shop the 1 in MDR and have never had a problem with my purchases or returning items, glad to hear you got your $$$$ back.

HONDA Outboard Motor, KICK *** !

fishntoss, reg. your # on this site it will reduce the telemarketing calls.

https://www.donotcall.gov/default.aspx

Z

FISH ON !

TROUTMEXICO
11-03-2007, 06:49 PM
boat world in torrance

Troutman65
11-07-2007, 06:07 PM
To bad you had to go through all that BS before you got your money back. Thanks for sharing your story on FNN.

Troutman65

Gerald
11-26-2007, 01:37 AM
I'm still hot bout a telemarketing thing. I've been called by them for weeks. Each time I've asked to be taken off the list. Two or three times when asking about who they were calling from.. they just hang up... Tonight I asked for a supervisor, the first lady says hold on, and hangs up, the second guy starts arguing with me.. after quite a few bad words he hangs up.. third time is a charm, supposedly my name was taken off, but we'll see. The company name. Great Atlantic Warranty. No affiliation with anyone...

For future problems, you need to tell them to put you "ON" the do not call list. Not taken off the call list. I know its just a play of words, but its how it works.

Gerald
11-26-2007, 01:42 AM
https://www.donotcall.gov/default.aspx

Z

FISH ON !
Yep, I was getting a lot of solicitors on my cell phone before registering my # there. Have not had any since. It does take a month to go in affect though.