PDA

View Full Version : Rare Ultra-Lite Rod Find on Ebay!

Scuba Chris
08-07-2023, 08:44 PM
Okuma discontinued the original copper colored 5'6" SST UL Rod Line! Hard to get this stronger original version today! Instead they have the all new re-designed IM-8 graphite blanks for the "A" Kokanee Trout & Halibut Rods (including the 5'6"). A totally different feel which is still ok, but great to have the original for comparison!

I found this on eBay last week. Took only 3 days to arrive to Hawaii from California. Was packed extremely well. Only costed me $10 for shipping. Seller has vintage fishing rods & reels! The original intent of this rod was for Trout. That is why the line rating is 2-6ibs because the rod blank has to be sensitive to the slightest nibbles. Still available from 6' & up though. For our local Small Mouth Bass this would be a good rod (yes Hawaii has smallies).

Because of slippery rocks to over-grown vegetation in some areas a 5ft ultra-lite rod or even a 4'6" would be better. But a recent knee re-injury has limited my "slippery rock hopping" at least for now. Until fully healed i've been sticking to flatter terrain & now wear my neoprene diving footwear as well while fishing off the rocks. This rod even has dual steel banded rod band covers over the plastic bands. Maybe a 7'9" rod for Trout is better but a 5'6" Trout rod with backbone is great for smallies.

https://youtu.be/D1baazHFWaQ