PDA

View Full Version : Crappie Time of Year

chatmar
04-12-2022, 07:55 AM
Me and my buddy hit up Cachuma Lake this past Sunday. His were close to shore on sides of points we steep drop offs and clear water.

25 for me and 21 for my buddy. My fish in the basket is about 15 Crappie. You can see my buddy counting his fish at the cleaning station.

TUNAVIC
04-12-2022, 11:10 AM
Nice work there,I love both of those things,crappie and Cachuma Lake,thanks for the report!

Cya Tuna Vic

Jig-Guy
04-14-2022, 12:06 AM
Nice catch of crappie there and thanks for the report & pictures. April 1959 my buddy and I caught a mess of fish like you folks did. We brought home 65 crappie between 3/4 and 2 pounds for 1 day in the Lake Isabella wind. Fun times for us and I look forward to your future reports.

chatmar
04-15-2022, 08:22 PM
Good old days at Izzy! When I was a kid (50 years ago) my parents and would make multiple trips to Izzy chasing those slabs. Going again this Sunday. If the lord blesses me again I will make sure I am in the picture with the Crappie. Maybe even show my rental boat receipt to verify the date.

bassmeister
04-21-2022, 04:55 PM
Nice catch of crappie there and thanks for the report & pictures. April 1959 my buddy and I caught a mess of fish like you folks did. We brought home 65 crappie between 3/4 and 2 pounds for 1 day in the Lake Isabella wind. Fun times for us and I look forward to your future reports.

15 fish over for a 1 day limit for you and a buddy.
Wait,
I think I hear someone knocking on your door.
LOL

bassmeister
04-21-2022, 04:58 PM

Theos
04-21-2022, 06:04 PM
Wait,
LOL

Back in those days they did not have those limits. I can remember fishing clear lake in the 70's and we had similar catches. They had clothes dryer type fish scalers that you just dumped the fish in and deposited your quarters.

bassmeister
04-21-2022, 09:09 PM
Back in those days they did not have those limits. I can remember fishing clear lake in the 70's and we had similar catches. They had clothes dryer type fish scalers that you just dumped the fish in and deposited your quarters.

Ahhh, the good ol days.
When we wasn't so suppressed by the leader's and tree huggers.

Theos
04-22-2022, 03:58 AM
Ahhh, the good ol days.
When we wasn't so suppressed by the leader's and tree huggers.

AMEN; We saw a UFO one night at clear lake, my father, his wife and I were fishing and a green flare went off over Mount Konocti. Suddenly small fish started jumping all around the boat then a large craft flew over. IT WAS THE LENGTH OF AT LEAST 3 FOOTBALL FIELDS and stone silent. We looked at each other and confirmed what we had just seen. We fished for about an hour more then called it a night.

Jig-Guy
04-23-2022, 04:50 PM
Wait,
LOL
The day we caught all those fish the CFG checked our licenses and told us where the most fish were at so we could have some real slabs. There was no limit on the fish at that time.

Dores34
05-08-2022, 05:01 PM

I remember JULES resort in lower lake had a of those at the fish cleaning station next to their launch ramp.