PDA

View Full Version : Small but fun

efrain
07-10-2021, 01:59 PM
Hi y'all. I have not posted (was never a regular, more of a lurker lol) or fished in a few years but just got back into the grind. I sold most of my gear during covid, man I loved my rods, and am slowly building up my arsenal all over. I am also working through some of life's challenges and getting back in the water is the healing I needed.

Anyway, went out today (7/10) and fished right at low tide (6:00 am). Conditions started calm but the wind picked up at about 7:30 am and created enough of a stir to make me question whether or not I should continue fishing or pack up and leave. As fate would have it my parking was about to expire and I had a last minute close call nearly snagging a lure I did not want to lose. I called it a day, however not before I caught a short, short Hali and a spotted bay bass.
Not the biggest haul but enough to help clear my mind and enjoy life during tough times. The highlight of my morning was watching a giant legal+++ Hali chase my lure as I worked to fast and out of reach for it to attack🤦*♂️. Thanks for reading y'all.

etucker1959
07-10-2021, 04:50 PM
Hi y'all. I have not posted (was never a regular, more of a lurker lol) or fished in a few years but just got back into the grind. I sold most of my gear during covid, man I loved my rods, and am slowly building up my arsenal all over. I am also working through some of life's challenges and getting back in the water is the healing I needed.

Anyway, went out today (7/10) and fished right at low tide (6:00 am). Conditions started calm but the wind picked up at about 7:30 am and created enough of a stir to make me question whether or not I should continue fishing or pack up and leave. As fate would have it my parking was about to expire and I had a last minute close call nearly snagging a lure I did not want to lose. I called it a day, however not before I caught a short, short Hali and a spotted bay bass.
Not the biggest haul but enough to help clear my mind and enjoy life during tough times. The highlight of my morning was watching a giant legal+++ Hali chase my lure as I worked to fast and out of reach for it to attack��*♂️. Thanks for reading y'all.

Sorry that Legal Halibut didn't eat your lure!

efrain
07-10-2021, 06:06 PM
All good, fun day

murrieta angler
07-11-2021, 07:28 AM
" Clear my mind and enjoy life "

You get it!!

Thanks for the report.
Robert
<><

vdisney
07-12-2021, 02:14 AM
Glad you got out, hopefully things get easier for you........