02-03-2021, 12:20 PM
Have not fished the lake in over 5 yrs

Went to go chill with the wife. Was at the bubble hole from about 5:30 to 9

Caught a little pan fry on powerbait

Was nice to get out and get a line wet

Person to our left got 1 trout and a catfish

drifter023
02-03-2021, 06:28 PM
At least you got out thanks for the report back.

Fish Dog
02-04-2021, 08:12 PM
Seems I rarely read about much success at SARL. At least the OP got one small one. They charge way too much for people to have that little success. Yeah, I know it's fishing and not catching but as much as they supposedly stock you'd think just by random chance people would be more successful there.

sashimi
02-05-2021, 11:37 AM
At least you got out thanks for the report back.

Yeah, that was most important during this pandemic. Was nice to get out.

sashimi
02-05-2021, 11:39 AM
Seems I rarely read about much success at SARL. At least the OP got one small one. They charge way too much for people to have that little success. Yeah, I know it's fishing and not catching but as much as they supposedly stock you'd think just by random chance people would be more successful there.

Thats 1 of the reasons i stopped fishing SARL. There were certain spots that produced and I was not willing to sit in line at 3AM to make it to the bubble hole or the few other spots. I wish Irvine would open up like before. Much better there.

DarkShadow
02-10-2021, 05:13 PM
I wish Irvine would open up like before. Much better there.

I thought Irvine was open.

I'm confused. Where's eTucker when you need him.

FISHISH
02-11-2021, 10:01 AM
lol, eTucker come back!

chatmar
02-11-2021, 05:07 PM
ETucker is my #1 fishing buddy. We have been doing that Lake Irvine thing since the summer. Irvine is open only on Friday, Saturday and Sunday. The trout bite has been pretty good for me on the West shore near the old boat launch and just before the rental dock. However the Carp bite has been wide open in the same area. I don't know much about Carp fishing but I caught a 20Lb one 2 Sundays ago using Oatmeal, Sweet Corn and powder punch Cool Aid

DarkShadow
02-11-2021, 05:45 PM
I don't know much about Carp fishing but I caught a 20Lb one 2 Sundays ago using Oatmeal, Sweet Corn and powder punch Cool Aid

You know enough to be using Kool Aid punch in your carp dough!

Good job!

All i know is using corn or tortillas.

bassnet
02-11-2021, 07:15 PM
nice, strawberry gelatin powder mixed with cornmeal does it too, and the little stripers eat it as well

etucker1959
02-12-2021, 12:27 AM
lol, eTucker come back!

I would love to keep writing about my fishing adventures lately but the Chimps are getting too darn smart! (the Chimps are my competition!) It's like in the Planet of the Apes and the apes now have guns! I went last week to Irvine Lake and was going to fish a new area for trout a buddy of mine found the week before. I talked to the best trout fishermen at the lake in line and he told me he did great the day before. (he always fishes close to the boat dock) Yet when the gate opened up and it was a sprint to the spots, guess where he ended up? Right where my buddy told me to go! Then the trout switched baits on us and I was the slow one to pick it up! They felt sorry for me and told me what the new bait was! Now I had to use my head and took the new bait back the next day and figure out the best way to fish it! (it was Super Bowl Sunday and no one was there, so I easily got the spot I wanted) I figured out a couple of things I don't think they know yet, so I should be back in the saddle again! Lol

etucker1959
02-12-2021, 12:51 AM
You know enough to be using Kool Aid punch in your carp dough!

Good job!

All i know is using corn or tortillas.

Speaking of Carp dough, a guy at Irvine last week got the magic formula not just for Carp but for big catfish too. He caught a 44 pound catfish on Saturday and then on Sunday got 2 more DD catfish on the same mix! Plus some carp those day too. That's a guy who knows his stuff!