PDA

View Full Version : Went out and caught something!

webmaster
11-09-2020, 11:48 AM
Hi all, long time no post! A bad back and other health issues has kept me off of the water for a while now but things are looking up! Went out on election day, 11/3/2020. Original plan was to launch from Alamitos, try and catch a few live smelt for bait, then use those to try for halibut. Well the smelts didn't want to cooperate so backup plan was head to some rock piles and try for sculpin. We got out to the sculpin grounds, baited up with squid, and we were on! Caught several vermillion, couple whitefish, no sculpin! Oh well you take what the ocean gives. We caught enough for fish and chips later that night and a small bag in the freezer for another night! No issues with the Kolo or my back, hopefully we'll be getting out again soon!

FISHISH
11-09-2020, 12:28 PM
Thanks for the report! Glad to hear your feeling better!

crappiemike
11-09-2020, 01:33 PM
Way to go on health and fishing again!!!

CM

murrieta angler
11-11-2020, 08:31 PM
Hey Bro!
Glad you "finally" went out and got some taco meat.
That must mean your back is feeling better. :Big Grin:
Did you log a few miles on the boat or just stay in local waters?
Glad the boat did well, we'll see next season when we put a 100 miles or so on her...:Envious:

Take care,
Robert
<><

REEL EZ
11-16-2020, 11:58 AM
Glad you're on the mend and fishing again. Thanks for the report.

Jig-Guy
11-21-2020, 11:43 PM
Thanks for the cool report. I am glad you were able to get out there and wet a line. Get out there again soon and let us know what you caught.
jig-guy / Bill

E.A.R.G.
11-22-2020, 11:35 AM
Hi all, long time no post! A bad back and other health issues has kept me off of the water for a while now but things are looking up! Went out on election day, 11/3/2020. Original plan was to launch from Alamitos, try and catch a few live smelt for bait, then use those to try for halibut. Well the smelts didn't want to cooperate so backup plan was head to some rock piles and try for sculpin. We got out to the sculpin grounds, baited up with squid, and we were on! Caught several vermillion, couple whitefish, no sculpin! Oh well you take what the ocean gives. We caught enough for fish and chips later that night and a small bag in the freezer for another night! No issues with the Kolo or my back, hopefully we'll be getting out again soon!

Glad to see you back on the water!

pineapple express
12-11-2020, 10:22 AM
Always look forward to reading your reports! Glad you were able to get out Jeff... Continued prayers for healing bruddah! Happy Holidaze!
Mahaloz fo sharing PE

troutdog
12-22-2020, 10:47 PM
Way to get on those fish Jeff! Wishing you a happy, healthy holiday!

TD

BillyBass
03-09-2021, 05:40 AM
Let's update the pictures on this site. Attached is a nice fish caught off of La Jolla in November.

TUNAVIC
03-10-2021, 05:17 PM
Very nice,good to see quality Rockies again, thanks!

Cya Tuna Vic