PDA

View Full Version : 10/01 Freedom 22nd st

909er
10-05-2020, 06:45 AM
Went out on the freedom overnighter Thursday night. Had a blast! crew was amazing but the fishing was tough. Searched all day and finally got into some yellowtail and bonito, just in time to call it a day and head back to shore. Great trip overall just a little slower than I'd like to see. Galley and deckhands were top notch! Regardless of the fish count it was a great experience. I would recommend this trip to everyone. They evidently went straight to the spot the next trip and killed the YT.

etucker1959
10-05-2020, 08:57 AM
Went out on the freedom overnighter Thursday night. Had a blast! crew was amazing but the fishing was tough. Searched all day and finally got into some yellowtail and bonito, just in time to call it a day and head back to shore. Great trip overall just a little slower than I'd like to see. Galley and deckhands were top notch! Regardless of the fish count it was a great experience. I would recommend this trip to everyone. They evidently went straight to the spot the next trip and killed the YT.

Do you know what part of the island the Yellowtail were at? (no I'm not asking for a friend!) Lol I'm asking this for a specific reason! (advanced handicapping of sport boats) I was considered going this week, but as normal lots of closures on the Southern part of the island during the week! So are the fish in a zone that is going to be unfishable this week is why I'm asking!

capoisok
10-05-2020, 10:51 AM
just got off the phone

tails are snapping to the west outside of pyramid
most spots are dinks 6lb models
but there are bigger fish mixed in

your best bet is to head towards the 43 and look for patty's and bird spots
there are lots of nice dodo's schooling and hanging on the patty's 15 to 35, nice fish on the troll or chunking

a lot of nice yellowfin close to the 43 up to 100lbs
and are eating the 60lb line

looking for patty's and foamers will be your best bet
and try fishing at night for the b.f's

moon change's and southern storms heading up from mex will keep things fluid towards the end of the week

catchum

capoisok
10-06-2020, 09:50 AM
pea soup out there today
pretty slow with a nice size bump coming from the s.

if i hear any lies today i'll let you know what the latest claims are

Jig-Guy
10-09-2020, 02:15 PM
Interesting report and neat information. I have not seen this kind of update on here for awhile.
Thank you guys ,
Bill