PDA

View Full Version : SUNSET AQUATIC PARK??HUNTINGTON HARBOR

PUDD MASTER BAITER
10-26-2007, 07:32 AM
IS THIS PLACE A GOOD PLACE TO TRY ? OR CAN YOU EVEN FISH THERE? IT LOOKS LIKE A NICE PLACE. JUST WASNT SURE IF ITS PRIVATE, OR WHAT.I STILL CANT BELIEVE THOSE JACK OFFS PUT A FENCE AROUND THE STRECH OF BAY BY THE SIMPLE GREEN AREA.HAD PLANS ON GOING TO THE BOLSA RESERVE, BUT A CHANGE, OF PACE NEVER HURTS .PLEASE GIVE ME YOUR RECOMONDATIONS ON THE AQUATIC PARK. THANKS, AND IF ANY BODY WANTS TO HOOK UP, WITH GARY AND ,MYSELF YOUR WELCOME SUN. EARLY. GIVE ME A JINGLE .WEVE BEEN DOING DECENT AT THE RESERVE. ALWAYS LOOKING FOR OTHER SPOTS TO TRY. THANKS, AND GOOD LUCK MIKE THE PMB....

fish4keep
10-26-2007, 07:58 AM
Sunset Aquatic Park is where the launch ramp is. If you look at it's all surrounded by private boat docks. So there's no fishing. Also there's no fishing at the launch ramp. There is the land that you could walk around from the launch ramp (across from the Simple Green) but I think it's off limit too. (not 100% sure) I've never seen anyone fishing from there. I've seen people getting off their yaks to walk around on land but never seen anyone walk around from the launch ramp to fish. If you're on a boat,yak, or tube you can fish there without problem. Just don't stay in the channel with boat traffic................

mg2969
10-29-2007, 10:29 AM
Huntington Harbor holds lots o fish
I usually am in a kayak. There are a few place you can fish from the beach or the public piers
I know of 6

All going down edinger towards sunset aquatic park

1. After crossing the bridge pull over to the left side of the road and park and fish

2. Before crossing the bridge turn left, take the road down to the condos and park on the right, 3-4 ft, hill of dirt and mud, VERY SLICK during low tide

3. Same directions as # 2 but go the beach that is part of the park on the left, past the restrooms

4. Trinidad Island beach - turn down trinidad (street ?) its like 2-3 blocks before the bridge, take the street to the end and make 3 right turns. this will put you in a cud de sac with a beach

5. same as #4 but next to the beach is the restrooms and it has a higher elevation, lots of folks fish there

6. Trinidad Island also has a public pier , again take trinidad street from edinger make a left or a right doesn't matter its a small island , take it around and you will find a few place on the walk way as well as the pier to fish from

PUDD MASTER BAITER
10-30-2007, 06:56 AM
THANKS FOR THE INFO GUYS. ALWAYS LOOKING FOR A CHANGE OF PACE. PEACE OUT, AND KEEP THE LINES WET. MIKE THE PMB.

Greg Madrigal
11-08-2007, 11:20 PM
Hi Mike. You can also fish from the concrete pad next to the launch ramps. I know there is a kid that posts here that fishes there regularly. I just caught a small hali right on the ramp itself. I think the lil guys like to hang out on the ramps.

See you Sunday :wink:

Greg