PDA

View Full Version : Piers just reopened, finally! This is what we found out at ocean beach

fishingap
06-12-2020, 07:51 PM
We missed the piers so much! Took the kids out there after their summer vacation officially kicked off.

Here is the youtube video: https://youtu.be/ly9wif7nxnQ

We never found a parking spot so easily around noon at ocean beach:Big Grin: Tight lines and see you on the pier

dsanchez805
06-21-2020, 08:23 AM

I was out at ventura pier. There was a lot of walkers. And a lot of fishers. No one was catching anything big. I caught this and a couple tinies

TUNAVIC
06-27-2020, 09:48 AM
Nice vid, thanks!

Cya Tuna Vic

murrieta angler
06-28-2020, 09:22 AM
Nice session Bro.
I've heard that the spot fins are around.
Try using some bean clams if you can find them and then tie them on with some small strings to a size 1 hook.
I learned this from some old timers on that exact pier a few years back.:Cool:

Good Luck,
Robert
<><

fishingap
07-03-2020, 03:13 PM

I was out at ventura pier. There was a lot of walkers. And a lot of fishers. No one was catching anything big. I caught this and a couple tinies

Nice! As long as there is some bite:)

fishingap
07-03-2020, 03:14 PM
Nice vid, thanks!

Cya Tuna Vic

Thank you, tight lines

fishingap
07-03-2020, 03:17 PM
Thank you for the nice tip, Robert.

My friend has got a huge spot fin from the beach, indicating the season has started. Will try it out around the first few breaks

Nice session Bro.
I've heard that the spot fins are around.
Try using some bean clams if you can find them and then tie them on with some small strings to a size 1 hook.
I learned this from some old timers on that exact pier a few years back.:Cool:

Good Luck,
Robert
<><

Piston Head
07-13-2020, 03:09 PM
I am thinking of taking my grandson to night fish at the Balboa Pier ... anyone know if it's open and if there are restrooms available at night?

Thanks for the help.

fishingap
07-16-2020, 04:03 PM
Hi Piston,

I'm not aware of the conditions in newport beach, but all piers in SD are open. One thing I'd like to share is to wear masks when using the restrooms if the restroom is a closed space with limited air circulation.

Good luck and stay safe.