PDA

View Full Version : Memorial Day Fishing

murrieta angler
05-25-2020, 04:25 PM
Tre' and I left the house at 3:45 and we were in the water by 5:00.
I had texted Bachiboy ( Don ) to see if he wanted to join but he couldn't swing it.

I spent about 15 minutes showing Tre' identification markers in the water as well as visual markers on land.

It didn't take long to land one and it was me landing a nice legal calico bass.
Tre' didn't have the greatest day in the surf but he is learning...again!? :Rolls Eyes:

We ended up staying for 2 hours, outgoing and incoming low tide of -.6 ft.

Total numbers were Tre' 1 short flatty
Me 3 calicos ( 2 legal ), 2 sand bass and 1 YFC ( That was for Bachiboy ) :Big Grin:

Swell is picking up this week so choose your destination wisely.

Take care,
Robert
<><

Nipple Twister
05-28-2020, 10:39 AM
Robert!

Two things my friend:

1. Thank You for your service.
2. Great reading your reports, thx for sharing and taking us along for the ride!

Hope your Memorial was day was ........ memorial. Looking for a spot for tomorrow, with the surf might be tough!

efishent
05-28-2020, 09:12 PM
Thank you for posting it- it was almost exactly what happened today , except I launched at nearby structure on my surfboard (finally) and got 4-5 calicos ( 1 legal), 5-6 sandies (2 legal) and a short hali ; all on plastic or croc and released before seal would get them. It looks like surface action is picking up and water is warmer , although the kelp in this spot disappeared ( but grew well elsewhere).
I hope to go again and post full report.
have fun out there.

crappiemike
05-29-2020, 09:09 AM
Was wondering where all the surfishin
People went..?
Thnx for your report:

CM

bones
06-23-2020, 03:44 PM
Good to see you have got Tre out on the sand brotha. Recently saw your big ol Tuna you got on the trip with the boyz.

Which Way Out
06-25-2020, 06:09 PM
Hi guys,,,,,
Good to see a post from one of the old timers.
WWO

murrieta angler
06-28-2020, 09:17 AM
Robert!

Two things my friend:

1. Thank You for your service.
2. Great reading your reports, thx for sharing and taking us along for the ride!

Hope your Memorial was day was ........ memorial. Looking for a spot for tomorrow, with the surf might be tough!

Hey John,
Good hearing from you.
Hope all is well and I think we need to do a session in the surf soon.

Thank you for posting it- it was almost exactly what happened today , except I launched at nearby structure on my surfboard (finally) and got 4-5 calicos ( 1 legal), 5-6 sandies (2 legal) and a short hali ; all on plastic or croc and released before seal would get them. It looks like surface action is picking up and water is warmer , although the kelp in this spot disappeared ( but grew well elsewhere).
I hope to go again and post full report.
have fun out there.

Yeah,
The board allows you to get to way more spots than on the sand.
Thanks for sharing.

Was wondering where all the surfishin
People went..?
Thnx for your report:

Still here, haven't been reporting and broken shoulders didn't help for a bit either...:Rolls Eyes:

CM

Good to see you have got Tre out on the sand brotha. Recently saw your big ol Tuna you got on the trip with the boyz.

Hey Mike,
It's nice getting out with my boys.
This year for their birthdays I bought them waders, St. Croix rods paired with some 2500 Shimano Sedona reels.
Hope the kids and grandkids are all doing well.

Take care.

Hi guys,,,,,
Good to see a post from one of the old timers.
WWO

Brother Bill,
Good to know you're still around.
How's Norika doing?
Maybe we can "ALL" get together this summer for a spell in the surf.
Time will tell.

TAKE CARE TO ALL MY OLD FRIENDS AND GOD BLESS YOU ALL

ROBERT
<><

murrieta angler
06-28-2020, 01:03 PM
My PB BFT is my new avatar.

144 pounds 2 weeks ago. :Dancing Banana: