PDA

View Full Version : Mothers Day @ Newport Harbor

murrieta angler
05-10-2020, 04:13 PM
Hi all,
It's been a long time since I've shared a report.

Called my son, Tre, and see if he wanted to join me for a session in the harbor.

He had never been before so I was hoping that his birthday gift, a new pair of waders, would entice him.

It worked, he got his license yesterday and we were in Newport at 5:45.

We started with him casting his set up at one of the small beaches to get some practice in tossing his bait straight so he wouldn't hit any docks or boats.. :Confused:
After about 10 minutes I decided that was good enough and we started casting by the docks and boats.

Tre' was the first to get a spotted bay bass to shore and I took a quick pic.
It was a dink, but the first fish none the less.. :Envious:

It wouldn't be long before I got one in as well and it was a nice 12 incher. :Big Grin:

It was a good morning overall, we hooked up a total 14 times and landed 6. Tre' 2 - Me 4
The largest being a 15" grump and bragging rights for me. :Cool:

We ended up fishing for 3 hours and I had a good time fishing with my Buddy! :Wink:

Sorry you have to go to a link but I can't figure out how to post a picture individually anymore.... :Embarrassed:

HELP!!!

https://www.snapfish.com/library/share?via=link&token=Ia7bY7oXdJDrqLasoUmVWA/AUS/27951349057070/SNAPFISH

Thanks for looking and have a Blessed week.

Robert
<><

tacklejunkie
05-11-2020, 06:33 AM
Hells Yeah, Bob!
haven’t had me a spotty battle in ages. Bet your son was stoked and you even more to have a partner to school!
good times man!

capoisok
05-11-2020, 07:11 AM
Hi all,
It's been a long time since I've shared a report.

Called my son, Tre, and see if he wanted to join me for a session in the harbor.

He had never been before so I was hoping that his birthday gift, a new pair of waders, would entice him.

It worked, he got his license yesterday and we were in Newport at 5:45.

We started with him casting his set up at one of the small beaches to get some practice in tossing his bait straight so he wouldn't hit any docks or boats.. :Confused:
After about 10 minutes I decided that was good enough and we started casting by the docks and boats.

Tre' was the first to get a spotted bay bass to shore and I took a quick pic.
It was a dink, but the first fish none the less.. :Envious:

It wouldn't be long before I got one in as well and it was a nice 12 incher. :Big Grin:

It was a good morning overall, we hooked up a total 14 times and landed 6. Tre' 2 - Me 4
The largest being a 15" grump and bragging rights for me. :Cool:

We ended up fishing for 3 hours and I had a good time fishing with my Buddy! :Wink:

Sorry you have to go to a link but I can't figure out how to post a picture individually anymore.... :Embarrassed:

HELP!!!

https://www.snapfish.com/library/share?via=link&token=Ia7bY7oXdJDrqLasoUmVWA/AUS/27951349057070/SNAPFISH

Thanks for looking and have a Blessed week.

Robert
<><

[ATTACH=CONFIG]52665[/ATTACH

newport has always been a producer