PDA

View Full Version : Perris is now closed

MillsapBoyz
03-26-2020, 07:45 PM
It looks like Lake Perris is closed. The last lake that I know was open :Crying:

bass413
03-26-2020, 08:39 PM
Can I get a bit of a refund for every full week they’re closed for my annual parking and boat launch passes...?? Let’s see....$225 divided by 52 weeks equals roughly $4.33 per week...Gov. Newsome sir...???

HuskerRod
03-26-2020, 09:30 PM
Seriously,,,really?? I was there Thursday and they had just I situated new hours but....oh well....

sodapop
03-27-2020, 06:44 AM
That includes Silverwood as well I am guessing

etucker1959
03-27-2020, 06:53 AM
That includes Silverwood as well I am guessing

I just looked their closed too!

etucker1959
03-27-2020, 06:54 AM
My only hope is Lake Elsinore! What do you boys think, will they keep it open?

sodapop
03-27-2020, 07:12 AM
My only hope is Lake Elsinore! What do you boys think, will they keep it open?

They better, I live in a RV at Launch Pointe

etucker1959
03-27-2020, 07:17 AM
They better, I live in a RV at Launch Pointe

Thanks Sodapop, I can get my fishing fix somewhere! Lol Who actually owns Lake Elsinore?

sodapop
03-27-2020, 07:25 AM
I don't know, but I think it's the city of Elsinore, they put tons of money into it

augnmike
03-27-2020, 10:34 AM
It is city owned, I will be surprised if city workers will agree to be exposed to the virus regardless of how remote the dangers are.

sodapop
03-27-2020, 10:47 AM
It is city owned, I will be surprised if city workers will agree to be exposed to the virus regardless of how remote the dangers are.

First of all I don't believe what they said, but I went to the city part that runs Elsinore and asked them if their shutting down the lake. They looked at me like I was crazy and said no chance. But I will not be surprised if they close it today. The state of Washington closed fishing everywhere.

etucker1959
03-27-2020, 10:51 AM

I've been reading their Facebook website for a couple of weeks now. It looks like their trying to promote Safe fishing! (Social distancing) Since it is city owned (confirmed) it might stay open! Federalism at it's Best! Lol

etucker1959
03-27-2020, 11:12 AM
First of all I don't believe what they said, but I went to the city part that runs Elsinore and asked them if their shutting down the lake. They looked at me like I was crazy and said no chance. But I will not be surprised if they close it today. The state of Washington closed fishing everywhere.

Sodapop, could you do me a favor. I'm planning to go there tomorrow, if they close it down today. Could you post in on here? It would save me an hour drive each way! Thanks in advance.

Durdy Daug
03-27-2020, 02:38 PM
Just called the only number available on the net... Went to voice mail.
With that the Durdy Daug is sighing off until this whole mess has been resolved.
PS just a friendly warning in cities around the IE the national guard as well as the ARMY and of coarse local law endorsement are on the prowl, if you are caught on the streets after 20:00 hours, the fine is reported to be $1,000.00. You must be able to prove that you are going to or coming from an Establishment that is considered essential and that you are an employee of said Establishment.

onehook
03-27-2020, 08:10 PM

Will that include Canyon lake for total closure access to the lake...

sodapop
03-28-2020, 10:21 AM
Elsinore still open

etucker1959
03-28-2020, 01:24 PM
Elsinore still open

Thank you sodapop! With some warm weather coming in this week, you might be able to catch a fish or two. Lol

sodapop
03-28-2020, 03:04 PM
Thank you sodapop! With some warm weather coming in this week, you might be able to catch a fish or two. Lol

I suck at fishing, but I still catch 5 fish an hour anyday at Elsinore. It and San Diego Bay are the two easiest spots I ever fished

Durdy Daug
03-28-2020, 05:18 PM
Well i find myself correcting my previous post: Just talked to a Colton Police officer today, and no there is no one pulling over drivers after 20:00 hours or at any other time of the day.
Enjoy what ever fishing that you are able to...

etucker1959
03-28-2020, 05:52 PM
I suck at fishing, but I still catch 5 fish an hour anyday at Elsinore. It and San Diego Bay are the two easiest spots I ever fished

Ok sodapop, I assume you're talking about catching carp at Lake Elsinore. Mind if I ask where you fish most of the time at Lake Elsinore? I know the lake a little.

sodapop
03-29-2020, 07:47 AM
First place people fish is Whiskers Bay. Free yo fish, it mainly has about 30 Asian people catching 1 to 2 pound carp.
Down the street is the old launch ramp area, not too many people fish here. You don't catch as many carp but better quality, 3 to 5 pound range. The catfish bite is better here too.
Third place is Storm Stadium, if you don't mind the hike the catfish bite is good here, you might not catch a lot but if you do it's quality, my smallest catfish was 6 pounds.
Fourth place to fish is Launch Pointe and La Laguna resort, these can be great or you can get skunked. Besides Carp and catfish you can catch bass and crappie here.

drifter023
03-29-2020, 11:47 AM
Can you still launch boats there?

sodapop
03-29-2020, 12:24 PM
Can you still launch boats there?
Yes you can

etucker1959
03-29-2020, 01:38 PM
First place people fish is Whiskers Bay. Free yo fish, it mainly has about 30 Asian people catching 1 to 2 pound carp.
Down the street is the old launch ramp area, not too many people fish here. You don't catch as many carp but better quality, 3 to 5 pound range. The catfish bite is better here too.
Third place is Storm Stadium, if you don't mind the hike the catfish bite is good here, you might not catch a lot but if you do it's quality, my smallest catfish was 6 pounds.
Fourth place to fish is Launch Pointe and La Laguna resort, these can be great or you can get skunked. Besides Carp and catfish you can catch bass and crappie here.

Thanks sodapop, I do number 4 and fish it from a boat. My buddy's do number 2 & 3, 2 for catfish and they catch a few there most times they fish. My one buddy likes number 3 and does pretty good on the better carp there!

drifter023
03-29-2020, 02:27 PM
Yes you can

Thank you.

carpanglerdude
03-30-2020, 10:34 AM
Just called the only number available on the net... Went to voice mail.
With that the Durdy Daug is sighing off until this whole mess has been resolved.
PS just a friendly warning in cities around the IE the national guard as well as the ARMY and of coarse local law endorsement are on the prowl, if you are caught on the streets after 20:00 hours, the fine is reported to be $1,000.00. You must be able to prove that you are going to or coming from an Establishment that is considered essential and that you are an employee of said Establishment.

Post a source on that.

Otherwise, highly unlikely. Neither the National Guard nor the Army has been deployed for law enforcement activity at this point (to deploy the Army for such is quite a stretch of a claim...), nor is a curfew in place to my knowledge. Provide proof, please.

Durdy Daug
03-31-2020, 07:53 AM
Well i find myself correcting my previous post: Just talked to a Colton Police officer today, and no there is no one pulling over drivers after 20:00 hours or at any other time of the day.
Enjoy what ever fishing that you are able to...

Here is where I corrected my post...

MillsapBoyz
03-31-2020, 07:35 PM
Brent Ehler went to Elsinore a couple of days ago and got skunked :Shocked:

Durdy Daug
04-01-2020, 08:17 AM
Has anyone considered the Colorado River at Blythe?

Durdy Daug
04-07-2020, 12:48 PM
The latest on traveling without face coverings, Riverside County is issuing $1,000 fines for not wearing a face covering while entering an establishment! Is the entire Inland Empire next? I guess that we will just have to wait and see...

etucker1959
04-07-2020, 03:41 PM
The latest on traveling without face coverings, Riverside County is issuing $1,000 fines for not wearing a face covering while entering an establishment! Is the entire Inland Empire next? I guess that we will just have to wait and see...

Just tell the Judge, "Judge I was happy to comply with the Law!" However, I couldn't find anywhere to buy one of those fool things! Apparently a certain group of people hoarded those things months ago and didn't leave any for the rest of us! If you don't believe me Judge, just go out in public and see who is wearing these things! You can't make a Law that requires people to wear something! But their is no place to buy these things! (making my own is out of the question!) That skill is above my pay grade! Lol

sodapop
04-07-2020, 03:53 PM
I had to be at work early a couple weeks ago, Temecula had a curfew checkpoint, I had the letter my work gave me to allow me thru, but I think they may have stopped them now.

sodapop
04-09-2020, 06:06 PM
Update on Elsinore, Whiskers Bay looked closed, they had road blocks. I don't know if it was to keep people 6 ft away or closed. I asked Launch Pointe and they said there still open to fishing and boating.

drifter023
04-09-2020, 08:02 PM
Thanks for the update think I will wait till all this crap is done. My Mom lives there in perris call her all the time but afraid to visit cause I do work every day and she is 84yr.s old and so far in great health.
Thanks and do keep the updates coming....

etucker1959
04-09-2020, 10:59 PM
Update on Elsinore, Whiskers Bay looked closed, they had road blocks. I don't know if it was to keep people 6 ft away or closed. I asked Launch Pointe and they said there still open to fishing and boating.

I was fishing Elsinore Saturday and I talked to a worker who was putting up signs at Launch point and Whiskers Bay to stay 6 feet apart. So he didn't talk about any closures then, but this thing is day to day!

sodapop
04-10-2020, 08:15 PM
I was fishing Elsinore Saturday and I talked to a worker who was putting up signs at Launch point and Whiskers Bay to stay 6 feet apart. So he didn't talk about any closures then, but this thing is day to day!
Whiskers Bay is closed

MillsapBoyz
04-10-2020, 10:30 PM

Did you catch anything?

etucker1959
04-10-2020, 10:39 PM
Did you catch anything?
I personally didn't, I was fishing for Crappie and Catfish. However, I did see a lot of Carp caught and a fair amount of Catfish including a #13 pounder that was caught from shore at Launch point. (it was released)