PDA

View Full Version : Could it be true? The lakes are closed?

Durdy Daug
03-19-2020, 07:27 PM
Did I hear the Governor correctly? Are all the lakes closed in a quarantine order? I see that the camp grounds are closed on the internet, but I do not see anything about fishing... Anyone have any information?

smalweld
03-19-2020, 07:48 PM
our campground reservation for April is most likely cancelled.. Not happy about it.

MillsapBoyz
03-19-2020, 08:38 PM
Did I hear the Governor correctly? Are all the lakes closed in a quarantine order? I see that the camp grounds are closed on the internet, but I do not see anything about fishing... Anyone have any information?

They already cancelled my camping reservations. With the statewide stay at home order, Lake Perris will be closed. It's a state park.

Tom
03-19-2020, 09:54 PM
I though the lake was open for day use? Can we just go get a spot on shore and fish?

srsnow
03-20-2020, 06:31 AM
I though the lake was open for day use? Can we just go get a spot on shore and fish?

They posted on facebook at like 1 this morning they would be open, but when I got there they were turning everyone away and said they were closed.

Tom
03-20-2020, 06:38 AM
They posted on facebook at like 1 this morning they would be open, but when I got there they were turning everyone away and said they were closed.
This is BS. I just listened to the news we are allowed hikes and such..going alone with no one around shoukd be no problem..think I'll contact a couple senators and let them know....no reason you can fush by yourself

srsnow
03-20-2020, 06:58 AM
This is BS. I just listened to the news we are allowed hikes and such..going alone with no one around shoukd be no problem..think I'll contact a couple senators and let them know....no reason you can fush by yourself

Who knows, they are responding to the people that said they got turned away on their facebook that they are open, so who knows what is going on

Tom
03-20-2020, 07:14 AM
They said they are sorry for miscommunication...they are open now..keep 6 ft min.

drifter023
03-20-2020, 04:48 PM
So no boats allowed?

Durdy Daug
03-21-2020, 05:56 PM
What time was that? My Cousin went out to day and landed his PB @ 5.19#. I am planning on going out tomorrow!

Durdy Daug
03-21-2020, 06:07 PM
Just got off the phone with Parris Lake. They are open for hiking, biking, horse riding, shore fishing, AND...
Yes BOAT LAUNCH! 06:00 - 20:00! They said that in the event that they had to close they would immediately update their web page as well as Face Book, and most importantly for me (As I do not do Social Media, with the exception of FNN) they said that as long as you are hearing the recording stating they are open, then they are OPEN!

Their Number is 951-940-5600...

I had heard rumor that there was a tournament today. With the good weather on tap for this upcoming week I an hoping for the lake to simply take off!!!

Tom
03-25-2020, 08:34 AM
I hope there was no tourny..what a way to screw everyone...they get caught the lake could close

Durdy Daug
03-26-2020, 12:53 PM
Tom...
If you are so concerned about being exposed to the virus, you could do yourself well by wearing a surgical mask as well as a face shield, even if you do allow another person to fish with you, you will be protected as well as your passenger.
If you choose to fish alone... Just stay 6 - 25 feet (As you described - which is above and beyond the CDC recommendations.) I am a Registered Nurse so I do know what I am talking about.
Enjoy the outdoors as long as you can. It is one of the cures for DEPRESSION and ANXIETY!

MillsapBoyz
03-26-2020, 01:38 PM
There was no tourney. It was cancelled.

castle
04-05-2020, 07:27 AM
There was no tourney. It was cancelled.

Just fish with your protective mask on 🔥