PDA

View Full Version : Bummer

pastorsheldon
11-10-2019, 09:30 AM
Fished Silverwood with a friend 11/8 for nothing. Could not believe all the fish we saw on the meter but could not get them to bite. Oh well it was a nice day on the lake.

drifter023
11-10-2019, 05:26 PM
Thanks for the update was going to go today but glad went golfing instead. Might go out next saturday and give it a go Thanks again for the update. Was the water running at the spillway.

drifter023
11-14-2019, 07:05 PM
Going Saturday to give it a go was the spillway running?

drifter023
11-15-2019, 01:13 PM
Hello anybody out there is the spillway running Hello?

pastorsheldon
11-17-2019, 09:44 AM
Sorry for the late reply but it was that day.

Durdy Daug
12-26-2019, 06:14 PM
I was there this past Saturday, and yes it was flowing... but not very much volume. The water was churning from 1/2 way from the spillway to the buoys. This made for a fast moving current. The south wind pushed my boat into the buoys for most of the morning. My cousin and I fished cut bait as that was the only action in town. The large mouth have gone into lock jaw both at Silverwood as well as Parris. I spent several months this year fishing every Sunday @ Skinner, but the bite was slow and I got tired of the $27 a visit and having my boat under quarantine for the 8 day period after getting off the lake. I decided to simply but the 1 year pass for my truck and boat for $225, and therefore get to fish every Sunday without having to fork out the $20 that each of those lakes charge. Looking forward to the spring and some finesse fishing for the LMB, and on those occasions that I want to bring home fish for my wife I can just go to Silverwood and play the bait and wait game for the strippers...

drifter023
12-27-2019, 07:49 AM
Thanks for the update is the lake still real low. Last time out was the lowest I have seen it in a long time saw a lot of fish on the meter but no takers. Thanks again for the update.